cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT TV Hub and Amazon Firestick

Hi there,

A year or so ago, I set my parents up with a Firestick alongside the BT TV Hub, and since then, it seems to really affect the BT TV Hub output.

I know this probably seems mad because there shouldn’t really be any connection between the two but hear me out.

The BT TV hub will work as expected. Then we will switch hdmi to the Firestick which works fine. But then (not always but often) if we then switch back hdmi to BT TV Hub, the hub will not be able to connect to signal.

To solve this, we have either had to switch everything off back to plug and remove Firestick or in one instance, the box had been so affected, bt replaced it.

I can’t understand this but Is it possible that there could be interference in bt tv signal from Firestick?

(Firestick is plugged into hdmi port and getting power from plug socket)

Any thoughts welcome? Thanks!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT TV Hub and Amazon Firestick

As there is no such thing as a BT TV Hub, which device are you actually referring to? One of these & if so, which one?

When you say it's losing signal, what signal? WiFi, ethernet, aerial, HDMI, something else?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Next time it happens try pressing the TV AV button on the BT TV remote, or the AV (or similar) button on the TV remote (they do the same thing) and cycling through the inputs shown

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hey! Thanks for quick response @rbz5416 

So it’s the latest version of box for tv I believe? The model number is: 9100438.

By signal, I mean the tv channel signal. It will play things from wifi via apps (ie. iPlayer, etc) but we can’t watch live tv. Although in the instance where the box was replaced, the screen went black and showed the no signal error with timer countdown. 

Thanks,

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks @GarethPrice I’ll try this if it happens again. Do you mean cycling through each individual source output, not just the hdmi options?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

The AV button will let you cycle through the HDMI inputs on the TV, ie from the Firestick and the BT Box. It sounds as if the TV is not automatically picking up the change back from one to the other. By cycling through I mean you can choose the BT input manually. If you have the manual for the TV it should explain this, and change it if needed to work automatically 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

To add to this, some TVs will let you label the inputs so instead of HDMI1, HDMI2 etc, you can rename them as BT TV Box, Firestick etc.
0 Ratings