Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyos15
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT TV Internet channels IPC6023 error

Go to solution

Recently, internet channels such as Sky Sports and BT Sport have been freezing and lagging intermittently on our BT YouView+ box. It is connected to the router using BT Flex 500 power line adapters and shows that it is connected to the internet, proven by the fact that we can access on demand services using the box with no problems. However, now the internet channels have stopped working altogether and we just get error IPC6023. I have restarted and reset the router, box and power line adapters but it has not helped. Speedtest.net shows around 40Mbps down and 7Mbps up (http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/4149108836) so there are no problems there. Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT TV Internet channels IPC6023 error

Go to solution

This is a very common problem which has been raised a lot on this forum.

As unlikely as it may sound given the detail you have supplied, I would eliminate the power line adapters first as they are a likely cause, if possible connect the box to your router via an ethernet cable, even if it means moving it to another room to do so.

It is possible that basic internet is fine but that the multicast packets which deliver the channels are being lost

jyos15
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks for your response, I will try this tomorrow.
0 Ratings
jyos15
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
I have tried using an ethernet cable to directly connect the box to the router and I have the exact same result. Don't really know what else to do
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Try searching this community for that error code, you should find tons of advice. This is a very common complaint but it would seem there is no common answer.
0 Ratings
jyos15
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Yeah I was looking around yesterday evening, some people said to set a static IP in your router settings for the TV box then put that into the settings in the box, which didn't help either. Most people who had this issue seemed to need to have their settings fixed remotely by BT.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @jyos15 thanks for trying with the ethernet cable as that eliminates the adapters.

One more thing I would ask you to try:
Restart your Hub
Wait for the broadband light on your Hub to go blue
Restart your set top box, using the power switch on the back
Now check if you still receive the error
If you're watching an HD version of a channel, switch to the standard version and see if that works OK.

Post back and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
jyos15
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Hi, I tried that a few times yesterday and it didn't work, yet just doing the exact same thing now seems to have fixed the problem, weird! I will keep you updated if this fixes it permanently or if it stops working again. Thanks all for your help.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @jyos15 Thanks for trying that and sounds hopeful Smiley Happy Of course if the error comes back post back and let me know and we will be happy to help you further.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings