cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT TV Lack of Development

I don't see how the purchase of EE will lead to additional content on BTTV. And this deal will not even be finalised until March 2016 at the earliest. That's a lond while to wait. We will see what happens with the Premier Leagus rights which closed today, even though I'm not a mad football fan, it's an indicator of BT willingness to expand and develop its TV portfolio.
0 Ratings
mikealanr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

I disagree. If BT are purchasing EE to add a mobile phone service to their portfolio to become a "Quad Play" provider and a serious on at that, they need to match their competitors in all areas, and this includes bulking up their TV service to become a more serious rival to Sky and Virgin. I would expect to see a flurry of new services and additions ready for 2016..
0 Ratings
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 17

Even though I'm not mad on Football, my sport of choice in Rugby, however Sky built their service on the back of sports rights! I have a sneaky opinion that BT will end up with less premier league football that present after the rights issus concludes next week. If that is the case then BT have no real ambition to be a true quad player, just maximising their profits. If they get more football and entend their general TV option then I will gladly admit I was totally wrong. Only time will tell!
0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 14 of 17

@pwwhitehead wrote:
Even though I'm not mad on Football, my sport of choice in Rugby, however Sky built their service on the back of sports rights! I have a sneaky opinion that BT will end up with less premier league football that present after the rights issus concludes next week. If that is the case then BT have no real ambition to be a true quad player, just maximising their profits. If they get more football and entend their general TV option then I will gladly admit I was totally wrong. Only time will tell!

Well BT got more matches from the auction (4 I think) though with slightly fewer first picks, and IMO a better Saturday timeslot - 5:30pm instead of lunchtime. Enough for a  match every weekend now. They also forced Sky to massively up their bids (by about 80%) so BT must have put in some really big bids themselves. This is likely to force greater price increases by Sky than by BT over the next few years - but obviously, Sky Sports 1 & 2 on BT TV will have to increase too.

I do think the non-sport options have been neglected, Entertainment and Kids for example have too few channel choices and where are Sport add-ons such as say MUTV? All these issues will discourage some people from ditching Sky or VM, so BT need to try much harder to sort them out and I don't mean in 2016 or later!

Finally, I have a question! Does anyone know, if I subscribe to Sky Sports 1 & 2 on BT TV (YV), will I also be able to view those channels online on my PC, or do Sky prohibit this?

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 15 of 17

Really? Aren't 9 kids channels enough?

Yes they should look at box nation, cannot see mutv since this is partly owned by sky. Also sky won't permit their channels to be on PC or phone on the go.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 16 of 17

I would like to see all the UKTV channels and film4HD

0 Ratings
Highlighted
clinton1
Contributor
Message 17 of 17

I would love to see boxing on BT Sport, also bttv adding horror channle and maybe a few other uktv channels, I don't think we asking for too much
0 Ratings