cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

BT TV Large screen android

I recently left Sky TV and became a BT TV member...I also have BT for broadband, phones etc......I signed up to the entertainment package with BT sport.......I have three other TVs around the home and was desperately trying to figure out how to get BT TV on them...one is a smart Samsung and that's been fine loading the BT TV APP...no probs...the other two were old TVs so I upgraded to Android smart TVs..JVC ...thinking I'd be able to get the BT TV APP...but I can't not can I cast from BT TV to the android TV...BT TV stops this..I've rung customer services and they seem stumped.....I've also been kicked out of access to the BT sport app!

So to make this work do I really needed to exchange the android TVs for Samsung's ?  The BT TV APP EXTRA seems to state o should be able to use an Android TV....but the app isn't available in that play store?

Anyone solve this for me please

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT TV Large screen android

There isn't a BTTV app for Android, but oddly there is one in the Amazon app store for tablet and firestick. So consider a Firestick if that is important to you. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Thanks for the reply...that app is available to Samsung TVs though ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Hi @GaryNina, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

As you're on the Entertainment package most of the channels will be on the Now app and not the BT TV app. NOW on BT TV | BT Help

Cheers

John

Message 5 of 15

You should be able to cast to your Android TVs. You say BT TV stops this - what message does it show? Don't try to cast your whole phone screen (this is blocked). Instead, use the cast icon in the top right corner of the app.

The lack of app on Android TV is solely a legacy rights issue - we don't have permission from the studios for it, as Android TV wasn't really around much when we launched BT TV (other than on Fire Sticks). I tried to get permission to release the app to Android TV a couple of years ago, but usage was declining already due to the move of most content to Now TV, so it wasn't considered worth the cost of renegotiating all the contracts with our providers - especially as all Android TVs support Chromecast.
Message 6 of 15

Thanks all for the reply...to clarify please......

NOW TV which I haven't explored at all! I can get that app on an Android TV ? 

And that has BT Sport and Eurosport on it ? If that's the case then I'm laughing...I was thinking I'd have to swap the android TVs out for Samsung

I did try casting from the top right hand corner icon but it would not connect with either of our phones on BT TV...it would with other things ie utube etc 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Yes - Now TV app is available for Android TV (as well as most other platforms).
For BT Sport, you can install the BT Sport app or cast from the BT TV or BT Sport apps to your Android TV. There are also BT TV and BT Sport apps for your Samsung TV.
Eurosport 1 and 2 are in the BT TV app and Discovery+ apps.

When you say it wouldn't connect to cast, could you let me know exactly what happens? Does it list the devices but then fail to connect? If so, what error code does it show?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Thanks Darren...I think I'm going to swap the TVs to Samsung just because it makes it easier....as BT seem to have stopped my BT sport app access ?

If I try and cast using the top right icon the TV connects them just drops out leaving the phone showing I'm connected but the moving picture on the phone swirling....there is no error code etc......regards 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

You're right Gary - your BT Sport login has been incorrectly ceased. I've raised a ticket for that to be re-enabled.

I've not heard of anyone else reporting your issue with Chromecast - I'm keep to diagnose this further, if you don't mind? When you select your device from the app, do you see the BT TV logo appear on your TV? If so, could you please time how long it takes for the logo to disappear?
Message 10 of 15

Thanks Darren that's appreciated...yes I do see the BT logo initially appear and then it drops out after three seconds and returns to the menu on the TV....regards

0 Ratings