Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
00Hafan
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT TV Not linked to BT account

I've purchased the full set from BT (Infinity, Phone Line, BT TV, Sports).   Everything works fine apart from BT TV.   I can get sports via the Sports App, or online - but the YouView box just spits out errors e.g BTP-20000 and BTP-115C.   

So obviously before calling i decided to check online, and so I did - I went through all the help I found online, until I noticed a Fix a TV problem link on my bt dashboard:

Login to my account -> My Packages -> BT TV -> Fix a TV Problem (pink link) -> Then the troubleshooter spits out a message stating "BT TV not linked to your BT account"

Now this is clearly the problem.    Although BT TV appears in my packages, it is somehow not fully linked to my BT account.  And probably what causes the issues with the YouView box.

I have called previously, and was stated that this has been fixed - but it really has not.    I'm hoping someone here can help me out.  

Thanks in advanced! 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV Not linked to BT account

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @00Hafan

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the error messages you're seeing when you're trying to watch your BT TV service.  The community isn't going to be able to help with this so you can send us over your details and we'll give you a hand from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
00Hafan
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I have just sent the form via the contact the mods link on your profile.  

Thanks

0 Ratings
00Hafan
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi,  I was called by BT yesterday afternoon as I had an open complaint on their system, which included the BT TV issue I had.   I called a number they gave me yesterday, and they seem to have sorted the issue - although the online troubleshooter still says that it's not linked.  But I can live with that now the YouView box is showing my subscribed channels.   

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @00Hafan,

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you're sorted but post back and let us know if there are any other problems.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings