cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

BT TV Parental Pin

Go to solution

How in the sam hill do I switch this off?

I've only just got BT TV setup today, and it's asking me for Parental Pin codes (yes, I know it's 1234 by default, and that works) for nearly all programmes. Even something benign as The Flash on SkyMax!

The BT help just states to go to the My Extras section of the My Products page, but no such option now exists, and it looks like there's no option to do so?

My wife and I are both in our late 40's, so I think we're adult enough to handle the worst that Barry Allen and the rest of the Star Labs team have to face, without having our minds warped, thank you very much.

Furthermore, getting asked to input a pin for nearly every television programme is extremely annoying.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT TV Parental Pin

Go to solution

Hi @Saruya 

Under the OFcom Broadcasing Code a broadcaster can decide to use mandatory daytime protection requiring the PIN to be entered each time the viewer accesses content. So in the example of the Flash on Sky Max  today at 5pm   (pre watershed) that particular   episode series 3 episode 14 has the guidance  FOR ADULTS ONLY in the EPG guide.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

If this is completely unavoidable, it's precisely the sort of thing that will have me cancel BT TV and go back to Sky.

It's utterly frustrating, and makes using BT TV completely horrific.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Well @Saruya  it would be  Sky  that have opted to use Mandatory Daytime Protection to allow it to broadcast  material that it would not otherwise transmit before the watershed on channels such as Sky Max. So the BT TV box would be simply  applying the mandatory PIN  protection based upon the metadata provided.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

If that logic applies, why doesn’t SKY ask you for a mandatory PIN if you watch on SKYQ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

@Neilyboy72  If you have issues or concerns about PIN protection  of live channels on Sky Q then you would need to take up with them or with OFcom. issue has I believe been raised several times on Skys own community.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

@Neilyboy72 But Sky Q does require a pin for certain content pre-watershed. I've been prompted for the pin when watching Sky Comedy on Sky Q before.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
  • Good to know! But I believe they allow you to switch it off, next door have SKYQ as have my folks and they never get asked for a PIN pre water shed… 
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Did anyone actually get an answer to "How do I turn off BT TV Parental Controls"?  I don't care why they're there, I just want them gone.  Is is possible yes/no?  If yes, how ?

0 Ratings