cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: BT TV Parental Pin

Go to solution

No, you can't turn off the pin requirement for pre-watershed content as it is required by Ofcom.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Having this very nightmare myself... Support so g and danced me for 40mins and still I gave up exasperated going round and round has anyone figured this out my brain is numb trying now and I will have to cancel if I can't sort it. This is enough to drive me insane.. my family have but and have no such issues.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

@Mala2981wrote:

Having this very nightmare myself... Support so g and danced me for 40mins and still I gave up exasperated going round and round has anyone figured this out my brain is numb trying now and I will have to cancel if I can't sort it. This is enough to drive me insane.. my family have but and have no such issues.

If you've read the thread you'll see it's an ofcom directive so there's no way it can be turned off

Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

This is crazy - I have to enter a parental control to watch the News?  Really?  Madness.  Box is going back and I'll go back to Sky!

Graham
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @grajay ,

which news broadcast  (time and channel)  was requiring you to enter a PIN .

It would be unusual that a  news broadcast would demand one unless the channel was broadcasting a recorded program eg a documentary  that was rated. Eg I think  Now Sky News sometimes  does programming with rating settings eg Chaos in Kabul: Escaping the Taliban  which they rate as 15.

I believe  that if you were watching the same programme on the free to air  Sky News channel you would not be required to enter a PIN.

0 Ratings