cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

BT TV Pro box problems

Had 3x Pro boxes, all with same (manufacturing?) fault - box regularly freezes when tv channel changed, has to be reset each time. Anyone else had this problem?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT TV Pro box problems

Hi, I’ve not had this problem as such, mine is bailing out of recordings after a few minutes so we’re not getting full programmes recorded. Happened three times in the past week. It’s our second box as the first was faulty too.

It’s annoying because I like the box and its capability of recording 4 programmes but it’s just so unreliable. Looks like back to the Manhattan box for us (again).

Message 3 of 19

There still appears to be some stability issues.

On Wednesday night was watching and recording the HDR football on #465.

The screen went blank and the audio went off and the box was unresponsive. The record light went off too.

After about 10-15 seconds a/v came back on but not the record light and the remote was totally unresponsive - no stb indication either that the remote was being used.

Had to mains reboot to restore.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 4 of 19

I am on my second pro box. On the first, the remote would freeze and I had to turn the device off at the plug. Programs would sometimes just part record, trying to rewind during recording might cause it to freeze, then  signal quality was  moving erratically from 98% to 37% and numbers in between. On my second box now. I think a software update has sorted out the erratic signal quality, but I have still had problems with the remote freezing requiring a reboot. Last week I tried to wind back a program that was recording and the box turned off. The recording did actually complete successfully. There are clearly still problems which is frustrating but they appear to have reduced.  

Message 5 of 19

The bt pro box has been released too early and is not fit for purpose. I wish I had kept my old box . Does bt take any notice of these comments?

Message 6 of 19

Hi Derek. I agree - I've had 3x Pro boxes, all faulty.

You need to ask BT whether you can have an older model (eg Model 5).

Cheers.

Keith 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Thanks Kieth I will try that.

Message 8 of 19

Interesting that it was released "too early" when in reality i seem to remember it being way behind schedule. Also interesting that the issues are not being reported more widespread

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Why is it Gary BS...?

Everyone knows (except you obviously) for every 4 or 5 who bother to post publicly, there are multiples of tens who don't bother to report their issues. Strange too that several BT technical staff have told me there are many problems being reported re Pro boxes. Maybe just you that hasn't had reports...Never had problems withold Model 4, then 3x Pro boxes faulty - strange that?...

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

There are a few common issues reported by a number of users in https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-TV-Box-Pro-comments-questions/td-p/2166641

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.