cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT TV Probox

Had fibre fitted Nov 21 and that appears to work okay after initial problems. At the same time I took advantage of replacing my you view box with the latest Pro-box. The first Pro-box had to be returned due to it freezing. Since replacing the box it does not appear to be very reliable. The box freezes, the tv might turn off when changing channels, the you view loading screen might come up when switching channels. I had initially set up the box with WI-FI only but I was advised by BT to connect with Ethernet cable which should give a better connection. The Ethernet connection did NOT improve things and made the incidents occur more often ,therefore went back to Wi- Fi only. Over the last two weeks the incident, have occurred less frequently but I am still getting the box freezing from time to time. Having had the latest update today I was pleased to see that the tv box is still working but it also froze again after switching it on twice. The box always gets back to normal after switching off the power and rebooting but it is just a pain. Th Pro Box seems to have been released without sufficient testing and the community is doing that now. I like the additional recording ability but I find it most unreliable.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT TV Probox

Mine does the same - connected via ethernet and every few days it is frozen; normally it can show the last channel selected but can't access the menu or change channels.  A quick reboot fixes it.

Its annoying - seems like they have a few bugs to still iron out.

0 Ratings