cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dingerbell55
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT TV Recording

I have started getting an issue with recording on my TV Box, particularlly Homicide Hunter on the Crime & Investigation Channel, it starts off about 3 minutes prior to the program starting but the recording always finishes between 5 anf 20 minutes before it finishes (very random and never the same time lengths).

There is is nothing else recording at the time.

9/10 the Box is switched off 

This does not happen to any other program - just this one.

Anybody got any ideas ??

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV Recording

Hi @dingerbell55 

A few questions - first are you recording the SD or HD Crime & Investigation Channel, ?

Are these series recordings or individual recordings ?

I think there are various episodes of the show some repeated during the day and night so  which showing(s) are you recording ?

0 Ratings
dingerbell55
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi Zulu17

I have tried in both version, SD and HD and both exactly the sam outcome.

The recordings are on a series link.

The shows are recorded both in the morning and in the evening, so in my case both are being recorded and both never finish. In fact I tried watching one last night and and it recorded 3/4 or the show and then said the show had finished, when it learly had not.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

So @dingerbell55 

first question is  what is the free space percentage that you have on the Youview box .. it is shown in the recordings page of my Tv ?

Now last night (wed 14 March I believe there were two episodes on  at 9pm and 10pm.

Can you advise what you experienced in your recordings ?

Did both those recordings start recording at the  EPG start time 9pm and 10pm ?

what was the total duration of each of the two recordings as shown when you play the recording and press pause ?

Did the 10pm recording continue on from the 9pm recording ?

0 Ratings
dingerbell55
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

My free Space is 75%, so loads of space.

From what I can see of the recordings, in HD in the evening seem to be OK, however the one in the afternoon at 3pm misses the last 10 minutes,

It runs for 1.00.14 but it starts recording 2 mins 30 before it starts, and the information says it runs from 3pm to 4pm

Does this make sense?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Hi @dingerbell55 

If you are getting a full hour  (give or take a few seconds)  of actual recording for each of your scheduled recordings then that suggests that the Youview box is recording according to the EPG schedule start times and ceasing recording when the start time of the next programme in the EPG is reached. That is the  default if  no accurate recording data is provided for the channel. so it seems that the channel is scheduling an hour for the programmes but is not transmitting the full programme within the 60 minutes it has scheduled in the Guide. 

Your experience for the afternoon recording seems a bit extreme  in terms of truncation but although I did set up a series recording last night that selected so far only the evening episodes. It is possible that the morning and afternoon episodes may be a seperate series record that you have previously set.

At the moment it does point towards the channel overrunning it’s scheduled time for the episodes on a regular basis.

0 Ratings