Did you mean: 
Highlighted
UTw1stidFC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT TV Starter - Catchup/OnDemand?

Go to solution

Hi,

I'm looking at getting BT TV Starter but can't tell if I can get On Demand BT Sport with it? I want to be able to watch UFC on demand (preferably through the website, or the YouView box). I am not interested in watching it live. Is it possible to do this with the starter package?

Thanks,

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT TV Starter - Catchup/OnDemand?

Go to solution
If you order BT TV Starter and also order 'BT Sport on BT TV' then you should be able to view both the live BT Sport channels and the BT Sport on-demand content via the BT Youview box. It will also give you the live streams and on-demand content access via the web player and app.

To order BT Sport on BT TV your line must meet certain requirements. Have you confirmed that you would be able to order it?
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Would you have standard BT broadband or BT Infinity fibre broadband?
0 Ratings
UTw1stidFC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks. I would be on BT Infinity Unlimited. So, I just need to pick the BT Sport pack (which is free) and that gives me access to on demand via the website? Just seems strange that I would basically be paying for the broadband, and all the BT Sport channels, including on-demand is free?

It's confusing because if you just go on the BT TV section of the website, it looks like its £5/month for BT Sport to watch online...

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport

But if you go through the broadband + TV bundle section of the website, it's a free addon.

Even more confusing is that if you go through the BT Broadband section of the website, it looks like you can get BT sport for free (Starter + FREE BT Sport Pack) but to watch it online or on the app, you have to pay £5/month!

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/add-bt-sport-pack.html

Which suggests with the "Starter" TV pack I can't watch it online on-demand.

Could you clear up which packs get me access to what please? I just want to be able to watch BT Sport online on catchup, not bothered about any other channels (or even having a YouView box to be honest). Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
The 'BT Sport pack' is £5 for BT broadband customers who don't have BT TV as long as they re-contract the BT broadband every 12 months. This gives just the web / app access.

BT TV customers can alternatively order the 'BT Sport pack on BT TV'. This gives the same web / app access plus the access through the BT TV box and currently costs £0 as long as you re-contract the BT broadband and BT TV every 12 months.
Basically BT are very keen to encourage people to set up and try BT TV.

If you don't re-contract things when required the prices go up and things get a bit more complicated.

'BT Sport pack on Sky' is another option.
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

If you don't have a BT sport pack subscription on either BT TV (Youview or BT Vision) or on Sky box then I believe the standard charge for the BT sport pack on the BT Sport App and online player is £5/month (with relevent broadband contract).

If you do have a BT sport pack subscription on either BT TV (Youview or BT Vision) or on Sky Box then currently the BT Sport pack for the BT Sport App or online player is £0/month.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
The current cheapest option is to take up the TV Starter offer of £0 for 12 months and add the BT Sport pack on BT TV at £0. That gives you all the possible types of access for a total of £0.

But be aware that TV Starter isn't £0 for ever (I think currently £4 from month 13) and BT Sport pack on BT TV is only £0 if you fulfill the contracting rules, and BT could change the BT Sport pricing and rules in Aug for the next season.

The pricing and rules are quite complicated when you dig below the headline offers. Also BT can change any product pricing whenever they feel like it really, but will allow customers the chance to get out of affected contracts if they do that.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
If you would rather avoid any BT TV subscription then you would need to pay at least £5 per month for the full 'BT Sport pack'.

But......

There is also 'BT Sport Lite' which gives just BT Sport 1 access and currently costs £0. The live UFC is normally on BT Sport 2 though at rare times also repeated a fair bit later on BT Sport 1.
Would BT Sport Lite customers be able to view all the UFC on-demand content? I'm not sure about that, but suspect not. Could be wrong though.

My head hurts! 🙂
0 Ratings
UTw1stidFC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks both of you for taking time to explain. It now makes sense...although yes it's very over complicated! I will probs go for the Infinity + Starter + Sport Pack as recommended and then reassess after 12 months when it starts costing me more 🙂

Thanks!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Don't forget about any possible BT TV package one-off activation fee as well. Normally £49?

Sometimes BT do offers where they reduce it or waive it.

Also usually if you order both Infinity and BT TV at the same time then you pay a smaller overall activation fee than the two separate product activation fees added together (if that makes sense).

For example if you currently order both Infinity 1 and TV Starter together the activation fees seem to be £49+£10 rather than the full seperate £49+£49.

0 Ratings