cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

BT TV VIP - NOW TV Sky Sports Pass questions

I am thinking of switching from Sky to BT TV. I would get the VIP package as it includes Sky Sports.

1. Recording. I understand that NOW TV, if bought directly from Sky, does not allow you to record. In particular I want to record football games. Would I be able to record these games on this package?

2. Sky shows multiple games simultaneously with some on the 'red button'. Does this package allow me to watch these red button games? You can't record them on Sky, I assume you can't on BT either.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT TV VIP - NOW TV Sky Sports Pass questions

Hi @akwatters, welcome to the community and thanks for your interest in the BT TV VIP package. Yes you can record the Now TV channels from the BT TV guide. At the moment the red button is not available but we do look forward to bring in this feature soon. 

I'd recommend checking out the following Now TV FAQ forum post as it contains some useful information.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Hi I am thinking of changing from Sky to BT now that I can bolt on all Sky Sports channels but I quite often record 2 Sports channels at the same time (eg on a Saturday) am I going to be able to do that with a BT TV box?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Hi. @IanatWalsall 

With the current BT TV recordable boxes there is the capability to record two multicast delivered channels such as the Sky Sports or BT Sports Channels. If you did so you would not be able to watch a third multicast channel at the same time as you were recording two others.

the various apps  ie Now TV Player (available on the BT TV Box)  and BT Sport App do give you the opportunity to watch or cast (depending upon subscription) .

0 Ratings