cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
speedtrip
Expert
Message 1 of 36

BT TV - YouView Box - Internet Channels sound loss and intermiitant picture break up

Go to solution

Started on Thurs eve when recorded a SyFy HD Chan Prog ..... again last night twixt 8-9pm trying to watch any channel with the 3-dots (ie Internet sourced)  ..

Power-cycled the box, re-made Ethernet connections each end and Reset HH5 - same .........

Box only installed Dec18 2013, so hoping it aint faulty already - if others experiencing then its a 'source' problem ......

Anybody else?

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
speedtrip
Expert
Message 2 of 36

Re: BT TV - YouView Box - Internet Channels sound loss and intermiitant picture break up

Go to solution

Talked this thru with Paddy on Saturday and it seems to have 'cleared' .... viewing Internet Channels fine last night too .... continuing to monitor ...

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 3 of 36

Re: BT TV - YouView Box - Internet Channels sound loss and intermiitant picture break up

Go to solution

spoke too soon!

Problem with Internet Channels is back - picture breakup, frame bouncing & sound loss, not always at the same time !

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 4 of 36

Go to solution

a clear evening yesterday - prob cos the Mod phoned !

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 5 of 36

Go to solution

Been OK overall since last post ... a couple of glitches, but watchable .... however -

BACK with a vengeance last night from about 19.30 - so many sound-loss gaps, then pic stuttering on 2 frames for over a minute - can 'rescue' by using skip back, to get past the problem - then very soon the problem repeats - took about 75 mins to watch a 55 min prog ...

Is there some elektrickery involved in recording Internet Channels - surely if the data-stream is recorded OK, it would playback first-time - not need skipping back to successfully play the sound-loss section ?

HH5 speedchecks fine - using Internet all day no probs, just this multi-casting live Internet channels via direct Ethernet to the YV box?

Would it make a diffn if 2 Inernet progs were recorded concurrently? Or watch one, record another ?

Getting a bit teed off !

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 6 of 36

Go to solution

So, WTF is going on - pefect viewing & recording last night on multiple Internet Channels  .... only anomaly was when watching a recording, 'skip-foward' went backwards approx half the length of the recording ....

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 7 of 36

Go to solution
30Jan14: kept on truckin ....
0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 36

Go to solution

@speedtrip wrote:
30Jan14: kept on truckin ....

How is your problem now.

I have started getting intermittent sound loss and picture stuttering on the extra channels.

My HH5 shows a download speed of 77.71Mbps. I am connected via homeplugs but a speed test on those reports a rock solid 55Mbps.

Any idea why this is happening?  Seems to happen more on the HD channels. Recorded a CI HD programme last night and was disappointed to find it was unwatchable when I came to watch it.

0 Ratings
DaveBaines
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 36

Go to solution

Don't know if this will help you OP, or other people, but I think I just resolved my problem.

I was getting drop outs and picture stuttering on all the internet channels for the last few hours. I suspected it might be the home plugs so I replaced them with a direct ethernet cable from the router to the youview box.....it made no difference, the stuttering etc was still there!

I then did a system restore while keeping recordings from the maintenance menu....that made no difference.

Finally, I switched off the home hub and switched off the youview box then switched on the hub followed by switching on the youview box. That worked!

Looks like the problem, whatever it was, was linked to the hub.

A few months ago I sorted out a similar audio drop out problem with on demand content with the same thing.

Just hope it doesn't keep happening.

speedtrip
Expert
Message 10 of 36

Go to solution

Thanks for the interest & input Dave ...

I'm on a direct cable connection HH5 -> YV Box  ..... I also took that approach you outline in your post ...

Power-cycled the box, re-made Ethernet connections each end and Reset HH5 - same prob continued .........

Anyways, its had another clean evening .... but then again, we've been here before ..... makes me appreciate how bulletproof SKY was ....

0 Ratings