Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klb007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT TV Youview upgrade

Go to solution

Ive been considering upgrading my package to include Sky Sports. If I were to do this would I be sent another set top box and if so can I use my original box in another room.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV Youview upgrade

Go to solution

Hi @klb007 

Which BT TV package are you subscribed to at the moment and when did you have your current BT TV box supplied  and which model is your current  box?

0 Ratings
klb007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi

currently I have Bt sport and HD extra. I can’t remember how long I’ve had the box, must be years it’s one with two lights at the front.  

0 Ratings
klb007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Model is DTRT2100
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Typically the new promoted flexible  BT TV packages  do have a DTR 4000 box provided (loan basis) .  Your existing Box  would have been supplied under pre December 2019 terms so would be your property.  So if you ceased your legacy BT Tv package  and took out for  example the BIg Sport Tv package plus HD addon  you would have the loaned box for your BT subscription use and you could use your old box in another room. Bt offer an Extra Box service c £5/month  that allows use of the BT services on a second box at additional charge. You may not need this if you have access to the BT Sport  and Now Tv Apps  on your second TV.

Note that in moving from a legacy TV package to the new flexible TV packages you are taking the channels and services that are available on the new packages and entering into new minimum term BT TV and broadband contracts.

klb007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you for a speedy and concise response, much appreciated
0 Ratings