Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stiltonpie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT TV and mobile devices

Go to solution

I try to watch BT on my mobile but keep getting 'You've reached your device limit. Please remove a device if you'd like to watch on this one. (GP958).

I would if I had other devices paired but I don't - it also reports to start watching something on that device to start watching a programme. Looking in the 'manage devices' section I see 2 padlocks that reports 'You can register a new device every 30 days'. 

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT TV and mobile devices

Go to solution

What does it say if you have a look at what devices it thinks are in use?

In the app on the phone

My TV -> Settings -> Device Management

0 Ratings
Stiltonpie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

1 and 2 have closed padlocks and reads next to it 'You can register a new device every 30 days'. There no actual device listed. 

0 Ratings
Stiltonpie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

can anyone help? I've deleted the mobile app and reinstalled to no avail.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I wonder if a padlock with no device listed is what you see after you have removed a device and the slot is still locked waiting for the 30 days to be up?

Is it possible someone else could have "borrowed" your account to watch something on their device, either with or without your knowledge?  I would advise a change of password just in case.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Stiltonpie I'm sorry you're unable to watch TV on the app at the moment, the device limit issue is something that will need to be looked into on our side. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderators but as we're really busy, it will take us a few days before we can reply.

If you need access to the TV app urgently the TV faults team on 0800 800 150 will be able to help. 

0 Ratings
Stiltonpie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply, I have had this issue for a number of months I am the sole user of the account. I have change the password in the past but I have never used this feature due to previous issue. 

Best Wishes

0 Ratings