Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GT037
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT TV box remote

Go to solution

Hi

Our remote has stopped working. We've changed the batteries incase that was the issue, but it doesn't want to play ball. I've tried to reset the remote, but it doesn't do anything after stage 1 of the reset, the bit after Sub, AD and BT button

Any ideas? The volume button works 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
GT037
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT TV box remote

Go to solution
Right, I'll re do the post, I've done a reset on the remote, the other bits ignore about Sub Ad and power. After rest the remote still doesn't work. I've restarted the box, checked the channels change using buttons on the box which is fine, sonosbtje remote a failure or have I missed something?
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @GT037, If you've followed the below steps and it still won't work then it may be broken and will need to be replaced. 

1. Check your batteries and replace them if necessary
  2. Check the remote's working properly by pressing other buttons and seeing if the light flashes when they're pressed. If the light isn't flashing, move on to the next check. If it is flashing, your box might not be responding. Reset your BT TV box to fix this >
  3. Restart your BT TV box by switching it off and on again at the mains. Once fully restarted, check if it's fixed your problem
  4. If it's still not responding, reset the remote control. Once you've finished, check if the reset has fixed your problem
  5. Does the light flash on your remote when buttons are pressed now? If it doesn't, contact us >
0 Ratings
GT037
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Well,  this is a very interesting find.  I rebooted BT Box, Factory rest, factory reset the TV. After getting the TV back i went through the various channels etc. When i flicked through the Firestick, bottom corner of the screen was a low battery warning for the Firestick remote. Oh i thought, changed those, and Bingo..... the BT remote works normally, the TV remote works normally. It loks like the Firestick remote was sending a warning out to the Stick, which interefered with the other remotes. Odd, yep, frustrating.....not half. Relieved....Oh yes, as the wife can watch Neighbours....😀

0 Ratings
RobinP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Found that the contacts for the batteries in the remote can easily get pushed down into the housing thus breaking contact. 

Forced them back up with small screwdriver or pick, carefully replaced batteries so as not to repeat the "push down" again. Alternatively if it keeps happening wedge a bit of tin foil in to make the contact 😉

0 Ratings