cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT TV box stopped working properly

I have had the box for about 5months now and this is the second time it has stopped working.

I have nothing on the screen, I have tried turning it off at mains, I’ve checked all the wires and tried different hdmi ports.

It was working fine yesterday but now I just have a black screen. The box turns on and I have a blue light on the front of the box but nothing on the screen. I tried the diagnostic tool on the website and it says there are no issues with my connection. So frustrating as this happened a few months ago and then it was all fine but this can’t be normal.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT TV box stopped working properly

i had a 2 minute power cut and when it came back on my t4000 was having a strop ,no response from remote and then when it did work as soon as i tried to change channel it crashed and rebooted . i turned   the switch on the back off/on but made no difference so managed to to a full factory reset by turning off on back then while holding down the "down button " (in front of the ok button) turned the back switch on and entered maintenance mode  ,i did keep recordings but this made no difference so did full reset and this worked ok   

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@njlewis19  when you powered off the youview box usually the switch on the back of the box and then powered back on did you get any youview loading  or starting  messages or was it a totally  black screen throughout 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I’ve spoken to customer service and have a new box and an engineer coming this week. Thanks though. 

0 Ratings