cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT TV box upgrade and poor service

Go to solution

Hi

I have been with BT since 2014 ish for broadband and a lot longer for phone. I recently upgraded my contract in April. 

My partner recently upgraded her broadband last week. She was sent out a bt tv pro box automatically.  

I'm paying for a lot more channels and packages and was never offered this option at all by bt. I decided to contact bt via live chat. I spoke to an agent who said he could offer me a 4k uhd box. I've got the exact same box and I've had it for about 3 or 4 years. I said I didn't want that. He proceeded to place an order anyway without my authorisation. I asked him to cancel the order. He said he cancelled it. I raised a complaint about all this.

After leaving the chat, I checked and I have an open order on my account now. I also received a text to say I'll receive my box on Wednesday. I spoke to another agent who said that actually the order wasn't cancelled at all. And that I'll have to contact bt to send the box back when I do get it or see if I can call during office hours and speak to the orders team.

This is all one big pain and making me wish I didn't bother chatting to anyone. I will be following up the complaint though.

What do I need to do to be offered a bt tv pro box? I pay for a higher level of tv packages than my partner does. I wasn't even given the option of the box when I upgraded. I'm new to this community so I hope what I've posted is okay and hope someone can help.

Thank you 😊 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV box upgrade and poor service

Go to solution
That seems about right for BT Customer services.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Mo_dawood and welcome to our community.

I'll be happy to take a look at this and check if there is anything we can do to help. I'll need a few details so I'll drop you over a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you for your private message. I've just replied. I realise it's late but thank you.
Kind regards
Mohammed
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Just a note to say that after my post, BT reached out to me to resolve the issue. I received a message from @DavidM and subsequently had contact with @RobbieMac.

Robbie was empathetic and worked to resolve my complaint. Thank you to Robbie for taking my issue seriously, taking the time to communicate with me, and working to resolve the issue. I appreciate the service received in sorting this out. Thank you again. 

Mohammed

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Mo_dawood wrote:

Just a note to say that after my post, BT reached out to me to resolve the issue. I received a message from @DavidM and subsequently had contact with @RobbieMac.

Robbie was empathetic and worked to resolve my complaint. Thank you to Robbie for taking my issue seriously, taking the time to communicate with me, and working to resolve the issue. I appreciate the service received in sorting this out. Thank you again. 

Mohammed

You're very welcome @Mo_dawood

I'm pleased we were able to get things sorted out this afternoon.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and be sure to make the most of that good weather! 😊

All the best,

Robbie