Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philfatkid
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT TV box.

Hi all,

I've been having trouble with my YouView box, it keeps pixelating, i turn it off at the socket, it's ok for a couple of days then starts again, tried different leads from the router and from the box to my tv, but still happens, so what little knowledge i have suggested to me it was the box. Chatted on line to a BT operative twice, the second one said she had fixed the problem ??? i discovered, last night, that all my recoedings have gone !!! i again spoke to a operative, who said the previous person must have reset the box, but i was never informed all my recordings will go, i wouldn't have agreed to a reset if i had known. My question is- have they gone for good never to be seen again ?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT TV box.

@philfatkid 

If they've reset the box & it's showing no recordings then yes I'm afraid they're gone for good.

Regarding the pixelating, is it on BT subscription channels or Freeview channels?

If it's Freeview then check the signal strength/quality for affected channels & post back.

If it's the BT channels then how is the box connected to the router, direct ethernet cable or Powerline adapters?

philfatkid
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

It's on all channels.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

If it's all channels - Freeview & Internet - then the first thing to try is reseating the HDMI cable or trying another cable.

Does it happen when watching a programme live via the Youview box?

0 Ratings