cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 51 of 105

Re: BT TV falling behind

I'm now starting to feel uncomfortable on these forums.

This whole thread seems to have become about me and not the things I've been saying.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 52 of 105

Good time to call it a night then. 🤝

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 53 of 105

@4KTVFan What are you saying?

It seems to me that you were trying to explain why you wouldn’t want to sign a 24 month contract without a better understanding of the direction of the services you are receiving for your loyalty, but it all got a bit lost in the example being a bit messy.

Am I close? I would love 67mb by the way.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 54 of 105

Yes

I feel very uncomfortable at the moment.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 55 of 105

Call it a night then, it’s just words on the internet, it will be easier to work out tomorrow 👍🏻

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 56 of 105

@DarrenDev 

Okay, I challenge you to prove what is incorrect about my post.

I'm sick of your posts.

I can defend all my statements with internet quotes and statements from BT for everything I have said.

Why are you an BT expert? 

Are you an official spokesperson for BT?

By they way, I have reported you to BT... bring it on!

*** Edit ***

And why did you post private details about my account on a public forum?

That is a breech of my customer rights.

I have reported this thread to Ofcom. 

🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 57 of 105

@-Richie-wrote:

There's a decent review of the new VIP package at https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/bt-tv-vip-review-3794515/

Personally I like the new changes, I was previously on Max HD but I'm not a sports fan, I also never watched any of the kids channels, I now have the Entertainment package and I enjoy it more, again that comes down to personal taste.
I also have Netflix which works just fine on my Youview box, between Netflix on the 300+ boxsets I have all I need, I'm not one to watch live tv, I watch what I want, when I want and they stream fine.

My box is connected to the internet by ethernet cable, having wi-fi wouldn't change it.
I stream what I watch, so I have no need for storage.

The new Virgin box looks nice though, doesn't bring anything to me that would make me want to switch, I also have Sky Q which again is fine, the BT TV packages do offer the best value which is something that appeals to most.

Unfortunately it's the 'Cons' in the review (No 4K Sky channels, No Wi-Fi on set-top box) that keeps me with Sky. That and their 'hard to beat' multiroom service.

I'm sticking with the BT Sport channels on BT as that gets me BTS 4K on box plus HDR on the app. However, when it comes to entertainment Sky has it all, you don't have to choose between a small number of 'NowTV' channels or all the other entertainment (Alibi etc) as with Sky you get it all. IF BT had the full suite of entertainment channels the playing field would be a lot tighter. I still feel that BT (TV) has basically become 'Sky Lite' since becoming a NowTV reseller. 

I would jump at the opportunity to get my hands on a BT 4K/HDR STB with wi-fi. That, content depending, would make me seriously consider changing my current subs across the two services.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 105

@DarrenDevwrote:

@V_Meldrewwrote:

Some might criticise the quality and reliability of the STB and I wouldn't argue with them but my main beef is that there is no BT TV player for the Roku box (big hint if any mods are reading this 😁)

Not a chance any time soon I'm afraid @V_Meldrew ... given that we're moving towards other providers for most content (i.e. NowTV, Amazon Prime, Netflix) I can't see there being a need for a BT TV app.

So long as BT NEVER get shot of their exceptional Sport app on the Apple TV platform. I agree with your BT TV app comments. For me personally it's only AMC now anyway and I've never watched the AMC channel 😁

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 59 of 105

I have to disagree, BTTV is not falling behind, over the years the service has been updated and upgraded.

It seems like some people should move to other providers as they are obviously aren't happy with the service BT provide.

I'm more than happy with what BT provide me for TV services with the latest Now TV packages.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 60 of 105

@DarrenDevwrote:
... given that we're moving towards other providers for most content (i.e. NowTV, Amazon Prime, Netflix) I can't see there being a need for a BT TV app.

I think that’s the kind of honesty that’s needed with existing customers who are still on packs like Max HD.

Those of us that talk BT TV frequently on here all know that you intend to get rid of the legacy TV packs as soon as you can, that the BT TV app will go as soon as it is feasible (perhaps you could tell the users on the Amazon Fire TV stick thread that they will be losing this benefit?).

Then the BT Player on the boxes only needs to offer sport catch up, AMC and purchases/rentals on the box until you inevitably drop AMC, introduce a catch up version of the BT Sport app and change the BT Player into just the BT TV Store for those purchases and rentals.

Strip out content and features so you just have Freeview with some apps. The improvements just don’t stop do they? 🤣

We all know it’s coming, most of us understand the business reasons behind it and many of us have accepted it and moved on (or are running down our contracts). It would be nice to have a bit more honesty about the direction of travel for services, especially in the forum where many of us save you a fortune by helping other customers for free.

P.S. I’ll keep my Community account open when my contracts end, someone send me a PM to let me know what I got right as BT TV continues to “improve” 😉