cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stereohaven
Recognised Expert
Message 101 of 105

Re: BT TV falling behind

The availability of the channels mentioned by @chilton55555 would depend on the quality of your aerial and Freeview reception, they had nothing to do with BT TV in that sense. 

If they delivered all of the Freeview channels via multicast and removed the need for an aerial then that would be a different matter, but they won't because it's a cost they don't need to incur. 

The catch up players are interesting because they do appear to be rolling out better quality but only on some versions of the apps and not others (yet). All4 catch up has been in HD on my iOS devices and Apple TV for a while now.

chilton55555
Aspiring Expert
Message 102 of 105

@Hunter2660   I think there were on 108, 109, 110, but they have been moved to SD channels 1-99 on the menu.

@stereohaven   Thanks for that, I usually watch all my content via BT TV EPG and to be honest had not even considered using an app to give better quality, that's a good  idea I will give it a go.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 103 of 105

@chilton55555wrote:

@Hunter2660   I think there were on 108, 109, 110, but they have been moved to SD channels 1-99 on the menu.

@chilton55555 

Those channels were part of Freeview, NOT BT. Youview is part Freeview and part subscription (BT/Plusnet/Talk Talk). You have probably lost those HD channels as part of the terrestrial clearance taking place nationwide to free up some of the spectrum which has required retunes for many coupled with a loss of channels for some. I have to say though I have never known of anyone to be getting +1 channels in HD on any platform.

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 104 of 105

The old BT Vision service (before we moved to YouView) used to offer the PSB HD channels over multicast as the old BT Vision box didn't have an HD tuner. That was all stopped many many years ago though.

Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 105 of 105

@Anonymouswrote:

@chilton55555wrote:

@chilton55555 

Those channels were part of Freeview, NOT BT. Youview is part Freeview and part subscription (BT/Plusnet/Talk Talk). You have probably lost those HD channels as part of the terrestrial clearance taking place nationwide to free up some of the spectrum which has required retunes for many coupled with a loss of channels for some. I have to say though I have never known of anyone to be getting +1 channels in HD on any platform.

Ah yes, because of COM 8 closing a few HD, and some +1 channels disappeared. Nothing to do with BT as it affected everybody who were able to receive COM 7 & 8.