Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 12

BT TV on a TV aerial lead splitter

Go to solution

Hi all , I'm thinking of getting the basic BT TV with the "Zapper box" so that I can use You View and some sports, but I see that the box only has an aerial in and no out feed,this could be a problem as I also use a Panasonic DMR-HW 120 and a Humax HDR FoxT2 PVR on the same aerial with feed through to the TV - So I'm wondering BT TV would work if I use one of those Y shaped Aerial lead spitter to feed to the BT TV box , any thoughts please ?

Ta, Del.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT TV on a TV aerial lead splitter

Go to solution
Depending on signal strength you may get pixelation or entire channels missing. If you want to watch sport and have an airplay device such as appletv it is a more effective way to watch sports only
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks Intercepter121, no such luck with the airplay I'm afraid, I get your point on the signal strength - I've tried spliting the signal between the Panasonic and the Hummy without any signal loss so I guess it would also work on the BT Zapper box although I'm not sure if the Panasonic and Hummy are amplifying the signal.

0 Ratings
jje
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Basic splitter works for me feeding BT YouView and TV but very close to the TV mast with strong signal .

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

As you have other means of watching Freeview and will not be recording Freeview on the (non recordable) Youview box you don't have to worry about having a good Freeview signal thru to the Youview box. the BT ip channels and the Youview ip players  quality will depend once setup (and initial channel scan completed)  will depend upon the quality of your broadband and your connection between the Youview box and Homehub.

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
As zulu17 says if you only need the box to watch internet channels dont bother connect it to the aerial.
You will need an ethernet connection to the box either directly or through an adapter
0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks folks for all your helpful replies, very much appreciated.

Del.

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Oh well it seems it's all academic anyway - went to place order and was told that I can't get the basic package on my line.

Strange as I don't have any problems with NowTV or Netflix on a Roku box, I only needed it for Youview for 'er indoors, guess I'll have to buy a Youview box instead.

Sorry, my bad, should have checked availability before posting the Op.

Thanks anyways.

Del.

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Just checked BT Shop and it says the Zapper is out of stock with no availability date at present and so are most other retailers it seems - so I wonder if that could be the real reason that I can't get it on my line,speciially as BT could provide me with the next model and package up.

Also checked my Router connection stats and they are 17.77 Mbps down and 10.86 up.

Del.

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Phones sales this morning and the reason that BT TV is not available on my line is because I have Unlimited Broadband extra and not Fibre, so why does the options menue not say so when it does the lfirst line check to see wha's available on the customers line ?

0 Ratings