cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT TV poor signal strength connected to panasonic tv

I have two TV's on the same aerial, the panasonic is connected to the BT box and the signal strength is aroun 35-40%, the picture often gets pixellated or drops out. The BT box offers 2 transmitters which give the same poor signal strength, and the second one isn't on the freeview list for my area. I have done several reboots and retunes to both transmitters and the result is always the same. I contacted the freeview chat and they said to do a manual retune, however the BT box doesn't offer this, and the panasonic doesn't see any signal on retuning as it gets it through the BT box.

I have an older TV that is just connected to the same aerial not through any box.  I don't use this TV much at all, but it doesn't appear to have any problems. the signal strength is just a bar but I'm guessing it is 75%. I notice that this one is choosing a different transmitter.

Any one got any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT TV poor signal strength connected to panasonic tv

If you're a BT TV subscriber & have a Pro Box, consider switching to IPTV mode rather than aerial.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

thanks for your reply, but no I don't have a pro box, and having just been without internet for a week due to a BT fault affecting about a dozen houses in the neighbourhood,  I wouldn't want to go down that route...!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

You may need an amplified distributor/splitter. If you bought a 4-way then each TV & the box would have it's own feed.

Message 5 of 8

Can anyone tell me how to manually tune the BT TV box so it points to the same transmitter as the other TV? It doesn't list it and I can't find a manually tune option...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@ennuff 

You might want to get a reputable aerial installer round to check out your aerial installation as that is really the basic problem.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks everyone for the replies, looking at it logically the older TV which is on the same aerial gets a good picture but is pointing to a different transmitter. Therefore I don't want to be spending money because the problem appears to be with the BT box and possisbly because the transmitters it is picking up are not the best, that is why I asked if anyone knew how to manually tune the BT box to a different transmitter.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I don't think you have a manual retune option for YouView boxes. Others may know better...

Getting a variable attenuator, is the route I'd go down. Just pop it in the aerial chain, dial it down a few dBs, and try tuning again.
0 Ratings