Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulbehan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT TV reception is awful - aerial problem

Hi,

My TV reception has degraded gradually since installation to the point, where I cannot watch any Freeview channels. I have gone throught the BT Fault Reporting (twice!), but it's obviously designed to not answer my specific question. My aerial was installed on behalf of BT by Campbell Kennedy and the installer stated that due to 'health and safety' (i.e. couldn't be arsed) he couldn't put the new digital aerial on the roof (seriously...you couldn't make up that one) and so installed it in the loft - this, I believe, is the source of my problems - how do I get BT to fix this by getting an aerial company without vertigo issues? I have had to watch Freesat through an old (1998) Sky dish without any problems.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Paul

6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT TV reception is awful - aerial problem

Hi @Paulbehan 

I thought TSG (Total Support Group)  were the normal installers but I imagine the firm you quote might have been working on their behalf.

When was the aerial installation done (eg recently , within the last 12 months or longer) ?

0 Ratings
Paulbehan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

It was done 3 years ago. At first the reception was OK, but has gradually degraded, hence I didn't raise it until now, but the last 2-3 months has made it basically unusable.

thanks,

Paul

0 Ratings
hammy30
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

1.Have you checked to see if there is any egineering work on the transmitters in your area? http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/planned_engineering_works gives you the weekly work being carried out.
2. Has your area been part of the 700MHz clearance? http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/700mhz_clearance
If so you may require a new aerial because of this though most people get away with a retune.

0 Ratings
Paulbehan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi there,

Thanks for the info, but am not really sure what all of that means...I think I'll just get in a local aerial company that can put an aerial on the existing roof pole and take it from there, but thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Paul

0 Ratings
Highlighted
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

@Paulbehan
How did you get on with the new aerial on the roof installation?

Also are you able to describe the issues you were receiving in detail prior to any fix?
0 Ratings
Paulbehan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

hi there,

The work is being done in a couple of weeks, so I will post a reply after that, Cheers, Paul

0 Ratings