cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kabous1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT TV sound echo when watching tv

I've been plagued with this echoing sound on some channels, not live, for some time now. Disconnecting the box from power socket and giving it 5-10 minutes and plugging back in sometimes solves the issue. But I just cannot get rid of a talking through a pipe/echoing sound. Most frustrating is that it is not only voice and it does not affect all the sound during that specific program. What can this be or causing it? 

Phoning the help line and talking to the Inept centres abroad is not worth my time.

Can't BT just get it right? 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT TV sound echo when watching tv

Is the audio being played through the TV or through an external sound system? How is the Youview box connected to the TV and / or sound system? Using Surround or Stereo mode setting?  Which channels?

0 Ratings
Kabous1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Box connected to TV only so all sound is played through TV. Connection and setup checked by BT engineer at previous visit. Tonight is was the 313, 315 & 317.  Some part of the audio was fine, but the next insert had the echo/man talking down a pipe sound. 

0 Ratings
Kabous1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Just checked 313 and 315 and it is still echoing. Voice over is fine, but echo on other audio. Same with adverts; some fine, the next with the hollow echo sound. 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

It is an actual echo or just a hollow sound as if a trick audio mode (eg Stadium) has been auto-selected on the TV?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Kabous1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Not as you suggested. Why would it fluctuate between two immediate following parts of the audio. On a stadium setting it would also affect all other channels in the same manner and it doesn't.
This hollow echoing sound was not present when I started using BT TV.
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 10

Hi @Kabous1,

Do you have Audio Description turned on?

Steve

0 Ratings
Kabous1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Steve, where would I look for that?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Kabous1 You can check on this feature by pressing the main menu button then go to Settings > Accessibility & Language > Audio Description. Choose your preferred setting and go to Done.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 10 of 10

You can also toggle it on a per channel basis using the AD button in the bottom left of the remote.

Steve

0 Ratings