cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT TV sticks on streaming

Recently joined BT TV and I often find when trying to switch from streamed content back to live TV the box will not switch back straight away? A few hours later or simply by next morning it has returned to normal. Anybody else got this problem? Is it normal??  Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV sticks on streaming

Hi @Onbluehorses 

which Tv box (is it the TV Box Pro)  are you using ?

How are you switching from streamed content to live Tv  ?

Eg are you using Back , Exit commands or using the Home button and selecting live channel ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

If you exit a streamed service by pressing home or back then the streamed service last image remains on the screen.

You can still use the menu functions but the latest app service or stream is on screen, even the app menu if that was the last thing you viewed.

If you press guide and select a channel then that channel will be viewed and the stream service clears.

At least that is my experience using BT Pro.

I am surprised there is no button to take you direct to a freeview channel! Perhaps there is but I've not found it. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi, yes the latest tv pro box - only had it a month.

having watched streaming I have tried both pressing the home button then guide or the back button to my tv and then guide. Same result.

the guide sometimes is blank and sometimes shows programmes but can’t select any.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Which streaming app players are you experiencing the issue on , also are there any apps where you seem never to have the problem ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hmm, well so far both with bbc I player and the itv hub. So overnight the box sorted itself out and is fine now. But guess will be an issue again later if I stream again! Will report further.

0 Ratings