Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mattshep77
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT TV still not switched on...

Had a failed installation on November 29th and have spent the days since either on hold or being told various different reasons as to why it's still not working.

Today's excuse from the cancellation department is that BT didn't know the broadband was switched on so haven't set up the tv. Well I've been using the broadband since Wednesday, so how don't they know it's switched on?

Shortly after that phone call I received the following email:
"Automatic Mailer
This e-mail has been sent by an automated system, please do not respond to this e-mail.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT here - I heard that you are having issues getting tv access -this is due to the broadband not yet being fully closed off.
Openreach would like to comet out on Monday 12th December between 1pm - 6pm to check out the system provided.
Order Management Desk BT Fibre to the home"

That's all well and good, but I won't be here on December 12th, so how are they going to check it? And why do I have to wait two weeks between installation and someone coming out to check it?

Does anyone else have this problem or am I just unlucky?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
jam2000
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT TV still not switched on...

Sometimes the work needs to be completed at the local exchange. That's what they might be referring to.
0 Ratings
Mattshep77
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

OK, I accept that. But why had it taken so many phone calls and chasing up to find that out?

All the stuff prior the installation said the tv would be available on the day of the installation, so to be told it won't be ready for another 9 days (14 days after installation) is not really good enough. Why wasn't this made clear from the start?
0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 4 of 4

because they are totally incompetent ......Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings