Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveking
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT TV subscription channels

Go to solution

Hi all

I was hoping to get a mod to help me as I have a head injury which makes using the chat line almost impossible. It take a long time for me to process  the information and formulate a reply.

I have checked all of the  IPC6023 error solving solutions. The box is connected via a cable to a power line extender. I have checked the connection using a laptop connecting it to the cable/power line extender There were no problems or lost of signal with the laptop. I did test the speed and it reported over 40mbps which I believe is more than enough. I connected to the powerline extender wirelessly and got the same report of over 40mbps and no lost of connection. I have not checked connecting the box via a cable to the router. I don't have one long enough. The router is in another room. the box is one room away where the tv is. I have no problem with the freeview channels. It is possible to get the channel back if I select the back option that comes up with the error information, then drop down a channel   and go   back to the original subscription channel. the channel comes back and is okay for a short while then the fault returns. I am no expert but believe it might be a fault with the box. I have restarted both the router and youview box, it made no different to the error reporting. I hope I have provided enough information. Thanks for any help given  to help solve the problem.

take care Dave

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
PaddyB
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT TV subscription channels

Go to solution

Hi @daveking,

I'm sorry your having problems with your BT TV service. Have you tired resetting the powerline adaptors to see if that makes a difference?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
daveking
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Paddy B

Thank you for replying. Yes I have reset the powerline adapter and also checked the powerline and cable when the error problem showed by unplugging the box and plugging in a laptop. The laptop worked fine and the speed was 40+ mbps. The powerline and cable was also checked using a PS4 this also had no problem. If I had a long enough cable I would check connecting it directly box to router however I don't and it would require drilling a hole in the wall to get access to the router. I expected the error to show itself while checking with the laptop and PS4, it does not,. both work fine and show 40+ mbps speed. Also using the method described(earlier post) the problem is resolved though it does come back some time later (no fixed time for how long it takes to return back to the error again). I must admit to being confused as to why  it does not show during the other tests but given my head it is not too hard to confuse me.

Take care

Dave

Dave

0 Ratings
daveking
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I may have given the impression that my error  has been resolved, it is not however I have found a way to tempory get around the error after which it returns and I once again lose the channel. I can then redo the way i get around it,  which is to click on the back button (displayed when the error shows then drop a channel before returning back to the original channel the error then goes away for a short while before returning. I do applogise for any confusion I may have caused and am very grateful for any help recieved.

Take care Dave

0 Ratings
daveking
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

With my fingers crossed and toes just in case, I can now say that the error seems to be cured. Time will tell if this is the case. What I had to do was read through and see if I missed anything. I noticed quite by chance that the BT engineer who installed my box had installed the powerline in the wrong place. It was connected at the end of an extension cable which means it is the last thing to get power from the mains. I will have to admit that I paid little attention to the way it had been install thinking it was done by BT themselves as was the TV aerial therefore should be done correctly.  Anyway by reading through I found it should be plugged into the mains socket itself and not on the extension cable. I changed the connection so it was plugged into the socket itself and after finding out from the wife, BT had in fact used an old TP-Link extender and cable of mine. I replaced the cable with a new shorter one. It has been at least a day or two since I done this during which there has been no errors. I was getting the error multiple times a day. Th signal quality is repoted to be 100% for freeview channels but of course I can't check the subscription channels. Hopefully the problem is sorted now, time will tell. 

Take care Dave Thanks for the help received 

0 Ratings