Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT TV tv guide

Hi 

I upgraded my broadband to now include BT TV with the Big Entertainment package from Now TV.

In the pictures I have seen it clearly shows the now tv channels and Netflix and Prime integrated into the main TV guide of the box. This is not case with mine. I have to go into the App section and select Now tv and then Tv guide to watch live channels. Seems a small issue but I'd like the convenience of having everything in the one tv guide. How do i get around this please

Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT TV tv guide

Hi @Kevicr and thanks for posting.

Are you seeing the Sky channels in the BTTV guide? When do=id you place the order? Has it fully closed off? Have you tried resetting the box?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Hi @DavidM 

Yes according to myBT app the order is now closed.  I placed the order on the 27/02. Box arrived yesterday and BT closed the order today.  No sky channels are appearing in the TV guide. I factory reset box and still no joy.  Although I have just turned the TV on and a message on screen said there will be a channel retune tomorrow.  Maybe that could be it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 10

Thanks for getting back @Kevicr.

It's probably best to see what the retune does. If there's no change after that get back to me and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

@Kevicr 

If it's the TV giving the message about a retune then that's just a Freeview retune which is happening frequently these days.

Did you reboot the HomeHub as that's often necessary to pickup the changes to susbscription channels?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 10

Good point @TimCurtis.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 10

Hi @Kevicr 

As well as the steps mentioned by others on this post. It would also be worth running a software update from the settings on the BT TV box. Thank you, 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

It was a message from BT not a generic TV one. 

I'm at work at the moment so can't check until just after 2pm

Thanks guys 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

@Gemma_P  software update was the first thing I did. I'll look again when I get home 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Kevicr,

Thank you, if you still have problems once you're back home and re-tried please drop me a private message with your contact details and I'll try and resolve this for you. Thanks. 

0 Ratings