Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saltylerjoel
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT TV web playing app

Go to solution

I accidentally answered that I had already downloaded the BT TV web playing app when I went to view one of my BT TV purchases by mistake.  Now it thinks I have downloaded the app when I haven't and I subsequently cannot view any of my BT TV movies on my laptop.  Help please!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT TV web playing app

Go to solution

Hi @saltylerjoel Are you still experiencing this problem? If so you should still be able to download the TV on the go with the BT TV App and online player and sign in with your BTID and access your purchases.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I think the problem that is being experienced is that for the web player the guidance is

Downloading the BT TV web player app

To watch programmes via the BT TV App on the web, you’ll have to download the BT TV web player app onto your desktop. This is a one-time download only. You’ll be prompted to download the player app the first time you try and play anything via the web.

Here @saltylerjoel appears to have got the prompt and declined it and yesterday subsequently did not receive the prompt on further attempts and without the prompt was not able to install the BT TV Web Player app.  So really what should the user do in these circumstances ? 

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @zulu17 Thanks for clarifying that for me. I don't know the answer so I'll raise the question and update the thread as soon as I hear back.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
saltylerjoel
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Yes, I’m afraid that’s exactly what I did (just merrily clicked it without reading it properly!). 😕
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @saltylerjoel in the meantime are you able to watch your purchases on the web by going to https://home.bt.com/ then hover over BTTV and under the section “find and watch TV” click on “TV purchases” then login with Your BTID?

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
antw1
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I've got the same problem for the same reason. Going through bt.com will not allow me to watch any shows, live or otherwise. Is there a source file I can access on the web? Or maybe a way to remove my web browsers memory of my clicking the wrong option? I'm using Internet Explorer 11.

0 Ratings
saltylerjoel
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

This is OK now thank you - I signed in today and it gave me the option to install the BT TV Player app.  Thanks very much. 🙂

0 Ratings