cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiracleMaud
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT TV with Sky Sports - Extra Rooml

i contacted BT today to enquire about the extra room facility, bearing in mind we also have Sky Sports.

Briefly I was told, we could only achieve the extra room facility via the TV Everywhere App, not via a YouView + box.  The reason was "due to my exchange not being up to it".  I get great down/upload speeds, and I currently run a retail YouView box in the other room, but obviously that only has limited content.

Can anyone shed any light on what the issue might be?

Thanks, in anticipation.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT TV with Sky Sports - Extra Rooml

I believe it is down to the conditions of the wholesale license that exists between Sky and BT. so

TV Everywhere with Extra Box is not available to customers who subscribe to Sky Movies and/or Sky Sports Add-ons.

So if you take an extra box subscription with BT you would need to drop Sky Sports.

TV everywhere which is  also included with some of the single box packages only has a subset of the BT channels  - see

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/50692

You cannot cast or airplay or output by HDMI using BTTV everywhere apps  to a TV .

MiracleMaud
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply Zulu.

That is exactly what I had called to clarify, but I was told, by a UK technical person that this is no longer a blanket situation for Sky Sports subscribers, but depends on the status of the local exchange.  In my case, it was considered it would not support the extra box.

I was rather surprised by the response, as having read the BT website, I had expected confirmation of the blanket inability to support Sky Sports in an Extra Room scenario.

What I didn't ask was exactly why this is the case, and wondered if any of the well connected sages on here could clarify.

Thanks again for your reply.  I appreciate the time you took to make it.

0 Ratings
MiracleMaud
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Into the new week, does anyone have anything to add to this, please?

Thanks in anticipation.

MM

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

@MiracleMaud wrote:

Into the new week, does anyone have anything to add to this, please?

Thanks in anticipation.

MM

Zulu has already provided you with the answer. What you appear to have been told by the person you spoke to is not correct.

0 Ratings