cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

BT Tv Box

Hi

I have an annoying noise that comes each time I change channels. BT says there is nothing wrong with their box after running lengthy diagnostic tests and also sending a replacement box. Still having the same issue. BT has proposed that noise may be due to some interference with other nearby media players like TV, Fire Tv or PS4, etc. 

Now I cannot change my other devices because of the reason noise comes FROM Bt Tv box. 

How to get rid of this issue ? Really feel frustrated by BT and would love to leave them forever and ASAP provided they don’t kill me with hefty penalty charges. 

Any solution ? 

Regards

Dr Shah 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Tv Box

Can you describe the noise?

There is a high-pitch noise that many Panasonic tvs and a few others makes suffer.

@Drskhanwrote:

Hi

I have an annoying noise that comes each time I change channels. BT says there is nothing wrong with their box after running lengthy diagnostic tests and also sending a replacement box. Still having the same issue. BT has proposed that noise may be due to some interference with other nearby media players like TV, Fire Tv or PS4, etc. 

Now I cannot change my other devices because of the reason noise comes FROM Bt Tv box. 

How to get rid of this issue ? Really feel frustrated by BT and would love to leave them forever and ASAP provided they don’t kill me with hefty penalty charges. 

Any solution ? 

Regards

Dr Shah 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Yes it’s a high pitched noise just like some blitz in milliseconds but high pitched.

BT says there is no fault at their end ? Whereas I consider its BTs fault as I am having an issue with one of their hardware devices aka BT Tv box. Now I cannot change my Tv just for this reason.

Any solution ? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Is the tv a Panasonic?  If it is the fault I'm thinking of then it is the tv.

That fault occurs when changing channels and triggering a change from PCM to DD or vice versa. It occurs on Freeview/Youview boxes, Sky boxes and VirginMedia box.

The tv emits a high-pitch noise for a short time when there is actually no sound output.

Panasonic will say it is the fault of the set-top-box - whatever make it is.  The fault is actually with a chip which is used by different tv manufacturers but mainly Panasonic.

The way around it is to put the audio via an amplifier and by-pass the tv.

Without more details I can't say if we are talking the same issue.

@Drskhanwrote:

Yes it’s a high pitched noise just like some blitz in milliseconds but high pitched.

BT says there is no fault at their end ? Whereas I consider its BTs fault as I am having an issue with one of their hardware devices aka BT Tv box. Now I cannot change my Tv just for this reason.

Any solution ? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Thanks for this but mine is Hitachi

I have been using the same Tv last 4 Yrs. Never had such issue Sky or other service set up boxes. It’s just with BT TV box when I switched over in Jan 2021 I am having these issues.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

It is other makes too - some models work and some don't.

Try changing the audio output setting on the BT box.

@Drskhanwrote:

Thanks for this but mine is Hitachi

I have been using the same Tv last 4 Yrs. Never had such issue Sky or other service set up boxes. It’s just with BT TV box when I switched over in Jan 2021 I am having these issues.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Thanks can you share the pic of how audio output setting ? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

No as I no longer have a BT box with that option.

It is in the settings menu under 'picture & sound' (I think).

@Drskhanwrote:

Thanks can you share the pic of how audio output setting ? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Alright thanks for that you are happy without box!

Guys what’s the most economical manner to leave BT once for all ? I fear I may end up paying hefty amount. Any alternative or way out of this mess ?

We have literally stopped watching BT Tv since last 04 months. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

I have the new Pro Box which does not change audio format on a channel change.

I route everything through an amplifier which stopped the 'noise' issue as it was being output by the tv.

If it is the same issue - then you will get the issue using Sky and/or VirginMedia.

@Drskhanwrote:

Alright thanks for that you are happy without box!

Guys what’s the most economical manner to leave BT once for all ? I fear I may end up paying hefty amount. Any alternative or way out of this mess ?

We have literally stopped watching BT Tv since last 04 months. 

0 Ratings