cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

BT UHD Box problems

Hi i have only had this box for the past 8 Days and i am getting several [some now fixed] ; issues.

Firstly it didn't show 4k ,  BT Sport / Amazon Prime  both now seem ok, I am not fully sure if the HD pictures are a bit soft compared to my old 2100 box? I am using all the cables BT sent me and connect to Samsung js8500 tv which i think is compatible? and also Denon 2200 av.

I have connected this box up the same as my old one [HDMI 4] and seem to be getting problems with HDMI , it wont switch , TV connects via ARC through Denon same as my old set up. Today turn tv on then box blank screen , shows it is on HDMI 4 but no picture /sound. This has happened at least 6 times.

I know i can connect direct to TV and use Optical out to Denon but don't want to do that as it doesn't get all sound options?  Box then froze and had to turn off [again] at back of box. Am i doing something wrong? i feel like sending it all back and going back to my old 2100 , i have 2 days cooling off left so if anyone can give me some advice it would be much appreciated .

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT UHD Box problems

I think a few of us have had similar issues with boxes, have you:

I had some HDMI issues with mine and it turned out it was actually my LG TV that was being funny, so could be worth double checking for updates on the Samsung.

The one thing you won’t solve (trust me, I and others have tried), is the soft HD picture quality. It is either a hardware issue or a software one they won’t fix.

Lastly (and this could be 100% wrong), but I get a feeling from some snippets of chats on other forums, that an updated 4K box may be in the works. #disclaimer #mightbetotallywrong

MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Hi Many thanks. Last night i enabled Samsung Anynet + [ i think] , so will see how it goes. Sometimes it can cause more problems! 

A new box! does that mean i will be stuck with this one? will let you know how i get on with Anynet.

stereohaven
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

@MitoManwrote:

A new box! does that mean i will be stuck with this one? will let you know how i get on with Anynet.

Remember, just a rumour! Good luck! 😀

MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Have turned Anynet off! seems to be more trouble than it's worth ! Have tried a few different ways of connection but gone back to how my old Box was set up , i have tried on / off on TV / DENON /BT UHD BOX and seems to be working as it should. 

I connected BT UHD Box direct to Denon HDMI 1  , then ARC from Denon to HDMI 4 ARC return on Samsung one connect box.   

Will see how long it lasts as this is how i set it up on day 1 . Thanks