Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
anncjones
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Vision & You View

I currently have BT Vision (old silver box) and have just received my You View box. My BT Vision is connected by scart adapter and the Youview will be connected by HDMI so my question is can I run both by plugging in two Ethernet cables (one each device) to my home hub 5?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Wheel_nut
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Vision & You View

Yes, you can connect both boxes by ethernet cables or as I have done, have the old Vision Box on Powerline adapters. However, My Vision Box is a BLACK Box so the Silver box may behave differently.

I have found that the Vision box works as a standard Freeview PVR and even updates its firmware are periodic intervals.

Caveat: You do this at your own risk and this configuration is NOT supported by BT so don't call them for help with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

The silver boxes are not capable of operating standalone without BT Broadband.  However, I have no idea if it will still boot properly once the YouView box goes live if still connected to broadband.  I can only suggest trying it to see.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

I'm fairly certain that the silver box will cease to function altogether ectophile ?

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 5

The silver box will cease to function once your account has been migrated from Mediaroom to youview.

Steve

0 Ratings