Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LindaV
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Vision error code BTP-967

Go to solution

For the last 4 days I haven't been able to get any catch up programmes.  I keep getting the message to check connection between TV box and hub BTP-967. I have turned everything off and then on again, but it hasn't made any difference.  Any suggestions? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Vision error code BTP-967

Go to solution

Hi @LindaV welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I've checked the help for this error code and you have completed the guidance provided already. Are you connected from the hub to the BT TV box with Ethernet or powerline adapters? If you are using powerlines please can you test with an Ethernet connection? 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

@LindaV 

Does this error occur when trying to access catchup via the Guide or by the Players & Apps or the BT Player?

I assume you're not getting nagged abut no internet connection.

0 Ratings
LindaV
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I have tried through BT Player and Player & Apps. I can get all the other services but not catch up.  On Wednesday I was bombarded with automated calls saying they were from my internet provider and there was illegal activity on my broadband.  As I know this is a scam I didn't proceed any further and just terminated the calls. This problem started on Thursday.

0 Ratings
LindaV
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I have powerline adaptors, but I cannot connect directly with an ethernet cable to the router as its too far away.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@LindaV 

So none of the catchup methods work then. And I'm assuming that you have an internet connection via the power lines otherwise you'd be continually nagged about no internet.

There have been a couple of issues similar to yours recently seemingly caused by BT's DNS servers.

Are you OK to try and make a couple of changes to the Youview box's network connection? If so what we'll try is changing the DNS server to use Google's within the unit itself.

It's a case of gong into Settings & Broadbanc connection & editing the network details , changing from Automatic to Manual and amending the DNS  from 192.168 etc to 8.8.8.8

I obviously have no idea whether you know how to do this or not but if not I can guide you through it. It has to be worth a try.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
LindaV
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

That's worked.  Thank you very much for your help

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@LindaV 

Glad that's worked OK.

However, the IP Address you set it to was most likely the one assigned by the HomeHub out of it's DHCP range and there is a possibility it could assign the same address to another device.

You'll need to manually assign another address outside of the HH's DHCP range but unfortunately as I don't have a Hub & have never used one I don't know what that range is or how the Hub can be assigned "fixed" addresses.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@JohnC2 

John

This is not the only incident involving BT's DNS servers causing problems with devices accessing players so clearly something is going wrong somewhere.

Maybe you can get someone to look into it.

Tim

0 Ratings