Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mikef
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

BT Vision upgrade mail?

HI Guys, we have just had the email saying that the BT Vision service is being upgraded, and we need to watch all of our recorded programmmes by early May...does this apply to YouView boxes also?

cheers

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Vision upgrade mail?

Hi, no, this is the BT Vision upgrade to their standard boxes, to the new look and feel. Nothing to do with Youview.
0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

i got the same email and i have youview,i just wish BT would get there act together a bit more.

0 Ratings
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Hi. I got it too and wondered if they were detecting the VisionBox I also still have plugged in. Now reassured!

0 Ratings
willc01
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

for those of us running the vison box as a second device to our Yourview boxes, we wont get this.  Can you give us sight of the email cpntents please?

Im guessing as its a second box mine wont get upgraded?

0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

I too have received an email and an automated phone call, telling me that my V+box will be updated week commencing 6 May. Sorry, the Email I received was written in HTML and did not easily copy to this reply. My V+box has not been connected since I changed to BT Youview before Christmas. I have just tried my V+ box again and it seems to still work - EPG, on demand and all my old recordings all still work. Is this a contractual procedure that allows BT to demonstrate to MS that the Media player OS and recorded programmes have been removed, not only from the servers but from all our client boxes. As both Youview & the V+ Box will both be working on a Linux OS, it could be the start of multi room viewing, not being constrained by the old OS. I am leaving my box in standby, watch this space.
0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

Sorry for the poor layout, the text editor does not seem to be functioning correctly, perhaps a Mod could sort it out.
0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Just received the new OS, looks Ok, all seems to be working, I am considering upgrading to the extras pack, and reverting back to my old v+ box, the only reason I had for changing to Youview was to watch the main channels in HD, and the linear channels give me this facility.

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

@davidb00 wrote:

Just received the new OS, looks Ok, all seems to be working, I am considering upgrading to the extras pack, and reverting back to my old v+ box, the only reason I had for changing to Youview was to watch the main channels in HD, and the linear channels give me this facility.

I don't know if you can do this as you now have YouView and not BT Vision (according to the BT computer systems) and you cannot get the extras on YouView at the moment. You might be stuck as their 'computer says no....' Let us know what happens.

0 Ratings