cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Woody01666
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Vision - very weird problem - Library - Vision TV programmes requiring password crash

Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm seeing a very strange problem on our YouView box when using BT Vision. When we go into the Library - Vision TV section, programmes which require the password code before you can view them buffer heavily and then crash. By contrast, programmes in this section which don't require the password play fine. Until a few days ago they were working fine but now the problem is consistent at all times of day. Powering off systems and restarting makes no difference.  If we go to a different section - e.g. films - then films which require a password play fine with no problem at all. We are getting download speeds of over 12Mbps and On Demand players such as iPlayer or 4od are working fine. 

How do I solve this?

cheers,

Woody

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Vision - very weird problem - Library - Vision TV programmes requiring password crash

Go to solution
Hi Woody,

Welcome to the forum.

Can you send in your details and we'll look into this? You can get our contact link by clicking on my username, it's under "About me".

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Woody01666
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT Vision - very weird problem - Library - Vision TV programmes requiring password crash

Go to solution

Hi Stephanie - thanks for getting back to me.

I have managed to resolve this. I tried lots of things to no avail but then I had the idea to turn off the password protection. I did this and the programmes played without any problem. I then put password protection back and it still played with no problem. Looks like some kind of file corruption which was cleared by the action of turning password protection off and then on again.

Cheers

Woody

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Glad to hear it's all sorted Woody. Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings