Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colin59
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT WHAT A JOKE

Go to solution

I pay a lot of money to BT. In total with my business and home etc I have 4 phone lines and 3 lots of broadband. But I am seriously about to cancel all my services I have with BT. WHY..........

I moved house in late August and did a basic transfer of my services ie phone line, Broadband, and two Bt youview boxes.

I started a new contract and all was fine and working for about two weeks. then Bt decided to take out of my bank account over £300 ??? and when I phoned they said I had cancelled my service. they admitted it was there fault and I claimed back a direct debit guarantee. but then about two weeks after that I started to have trouble with my vision boxes. I could not watch both boxes at once for my extra services as one seems to cancel the other one out and on either box??? 

Subsequently I have had two lots of engineer visits the last one being this week and numerous phone calls to and from BT saying that the problem has been resolved over a span of two months and nobody can sort it out the engineers have said there is no problem my end but Bt call me every few days and say it is all sorted but its not!!!!!!!!!

I am paying for a service and BT are not providing I am at the end of my tether and had a enough of Bt the whole service stinks and I have lost complete confidence in them and I have been a loyal customer for many years.

DO NOT USE THEM THEY HAVE NO ABILITY TO SORT A PROBLEM BUT QUICK TO SELL YOU SOMETHING !!!!!!!!!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT WHAT A JOKE

Go to solution

looking at the Youview problem you identify;

I could not watch both boxes at once for my extra services as one seems to cancel the other one out and on either box??? 

could you give some more detail as to what happens - for example  are you getting messages  saying you are attempting to access BT services on too many boxes or are you getting error codes  ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
colin59
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you for your reply I get both an IPC 6007 code or a message that I am trying to access the service on too many boxes? I have done a full reset on both boxes and also reset all the Bt data. If I get one box working it cancels the other one or vice versa.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Well the likiehood seems to be that  a  Extra Box service has not been setup at your new home line.

In a thread dating back to 2014 a BT expert did post

"IPC6007 error will normally be a problem with BT and not in the home."

Now there are some restrictions on the extra box service .. ie having either the Sky Movies or Sky Sports add ons  - you haven't included them in your package since moving ?

and also a minimum broadband speed  - what is your current speed - is it lower than your previous home.

Most likely though a setup problem , something overlooked when you bmoved.

I'll notifiy forum moderators to this thread

0 Ratings
colin59
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Because it worked initially when I moved and stopped shortly after they cancelled my service by error. I have told them something was not re turned back on. But they argue the point and say it has? My broadband speed is excellent hitting 69 mps so plenty quick enough.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

forum moderators  will probably pick up the thread tomorrow morning -sometimes BT TV experts may also become involved.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @colin59 thanks for posting and welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry to read about the problems with your extra box subscription and the problems you've had getting this sorted. 

If you need any help with this, please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
colin59
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

The problem that I had been plagued with for nearly two months has now been resolved. Many thanks to Patrick who picked up the thread from moderation and within less than three days took on my problem and sorted it out for me.

He was curtious he called when he said he would and located the issue and got the job done. He has restored my faith in BT.

Once again Patrick thank you.

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

That's great news @colin59. Thanks for highlighting this to us.

I'll make sure to let @PaddyB and @SeanD know Smiley Very Happy

Enjoy your week

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings