Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

BT You View Box Return

Go to solution

Hi!,

Recently i had been having problems with my BT DTR2100 box, making terrible noises, switching itself off etc etc, i phoned BT to report this (yes i am in contract, and only last week renewed my contract), and they said they would send me down a new box. Recieved an email from BT then, saying then when the new box arrives, give the parcel man the old box to return for recycling. No problem there. I was not in when the box arrived, my mother answered, was given by the parcelforce driver the new box, went inside to hand him the old box and he had gone! Went outside to call him back but he was already driving away down the road, so i thought they were not too bothered about the old box being returned so gave it to my brother to take to the local electrical goods recycling depot. This morning i recieved a letter saying they still have not recieved my old damaged box back, handy i thought, i no longer have it! All i have got is a old BT Vision box which i am tryng to get rid of, do i send that or have i got myself into trouble with BT here!!!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT You View Box Return

Go to solution

You should have taken it to the local Post Office or Parcelforce depot, as both would have accepted the return. I would suspect that BT will want it back, to prove that its actually faulty.

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Will have to give BT a call it seems then!!!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @GarryJ  Thanks for ensuring the box was sent to a recycling centre. You may continue to receive reminders to return the box so I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

We can stop the reminders and also ensure that you can return the old BT Vision box. How to return and recycle your old BT Broadband Hub and BT TV box for free

cheers
John

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for your help john, have sent a private message with all the details, one other thing, I have a BT Returns bag here left over from the time the parcelforce van diver delivered my new box and vanished before anybody could give him back the old box, I have got my old BT Vision and a old mini BT Youview box all wrapped to go back and be picked up to go back to BT tomorrow.
0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Many thanks to the moderators and everyone for getting this sorted out. 

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @GarryJ ,

You are very welcome. Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today.

To confirm, we will not be chasing you for the Youview + box. It's safe for you to ignore any emails/letters from us over the next few days. I've already noted on your account that we are no longer looking for it back too.

Have a great day Smiley Happy

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi!,   Got a similar problem to the one I reported before. A few weeks ago a recontract of my package was performed in error, luckily all sorted and cancelled by the mods here, but as part of this a new BT youview 4k box was sent to me,which I did not need, I was told by a moderator that a bag was being sent to me to return the box, this is done by parcelforce on Monday 17th June, using the tracking no. provided, I could see the box made it back to the BT Returns depot on the following Wednesday and was signed for. However I kept on getting messages on MYBT page saying the box had not been recieved and am now getting emails to return the box as soon as possible, any ideas what to do about this, I have the parcelforce tracking number and it was signed for at the  BT depot by a M CLARKE.

0 Ratings