cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT You View update required on ' Do i have to return ?...'

Go to solution

Good Afternoon

I started my BT TV contract 1st July 2017 - It was added to an existing Broadband package.

My current overall contract ends 22nd May 2020.

I have kept my Broadband ( 28th April 2020) but cancelled my BT TV subscription.  

I have given the required 30 days notice and my BT TV contract runs out 29th May 2020.

They have asked that i return the box - failure to do so will involve a charge of £89.

This was as per their new contract as and from 13th December 2019.  As i entered my contract for BT TV

1st July 2017 do the original T's & C's apply i.e. after 12 month no need to return or must I return ?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT You View update required on ' Do i have to return ?...'

Go to solution

Assuming the BT TV Youview box you have was supplied in 2017 then it would hae been supplied under a deferred payment basis  (typically written off after 12 months - so you are the owner) rather than the loan arrangement ( hence returnable at ceasation of contract) that was introduced in December 2019. So the box is yours although you will often be asked to recycle by returning the box IF you have no further use for it. In your case the box will continue to be useable  for the Terrestial freeview channels  (including recordings) and Players that don't involve a BT subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thank you for this positive reply !

0 Ratings