cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mauzeit
Message 1 of 6

BT YouView - BTP-15000 (Unable to access channels I'm paying for)

Go to solution

I'm a new BT customer and had my broadband set up on 17 April, with a landline/broadband/BT TV package.

However, when I set-up my BT YouView box, I can't access the BT Player or any of the subscription channels I should be able to watch.

The screen shows a message explaining that I need to set up a BT TV account, and the error code BTP-15000.

I called the number on the screen and spent 40 minutes talking to someone at BT who's only advice was to turn it off & on again. To no avail.

Is there information missing in my BT TV account or something ? Is it possible to get some assistance getting this sorted from the mod team here ? That would be amazing !

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Mauzeit
Message 2 of 6

Re: BTP-20000/ BTP-15000/ BTP-155c

Go to solution

Apologies for replying to this a year later, but I'm having the exact same problem & received zero help from the number I was told to call.

I even tried explaining that it might be something to do with my account information as you explained, but to no avail.

What can I do to start accessing the channels I'm paying for?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: BT YouView - BTP-15000 (Unable to access channels I'm paying for)

Go to solution

Hi @Mauzeit,

I'm sorry you haven't been able to use your new BT TV service. The error message usually means that the BT TV service hasn't been correctly set up on your account. I'll be able to get this corrected for you.

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Mauzeit
Message 4 of 6

Re: BT YouView - BTP-15000 (Unable to access channels I'm paying for)

Go to solution
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, have done so !
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Mauzeit,

I have had a look and can see the service went to trusted today. Is it still coming up with that error for you? If there's still an issue I'll have further look. Thank you,

Gemma

Community ModeratorGemma
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
Mauzeit
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Hi @Gemma_P

All sorted on my end now, thank you very much !