Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT YouView Box Replacment Plug

Go to solution

Went to use BT Youview box this evening, no light on box. Checked cable and blue sparks started appearing between wire and plug. Scared living daylights out of me. Unplugged pretty damn quick and currently have a lovely BT box with no power. I'm wondering therefore if a replacement plug can be sent out suitable for the Youview box or if in a generous mood new equipment. Think I have recently signed up for another 18 months anyhow.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT YouView Box Replacment Plug

Go to solution

Definitely do not use the plug / PSU again! It must have been damaged somehow - e.g. it could have been squashed or caught between something.

You'll have to ask BT for a new lead / PSU. They might ask to replace the box as well just in case, even though it does sound to be an instance of cable damage.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @cookster, thanks for posting and welcome to the BT.com community forums. I'm sorry to see your Youview box/lead is faulty, I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be happy to help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for sending in the PM @cookster.

I'm really sorry to hear that there was a problem with the BTTV cable, please keep this cable disconnected.

I have arranged for a new BTTV box and cable to be sent out to be on the safe side.  I expect the new equipment to be with you on Thursday. 

Please let me know if you are able to get the new BTTV box set up OK?

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @cookster,

The new BTTV box should have been delivered last week.

Can you let me know if you have been able to get the new box set up?

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi there. It was attempted to be delivered and only managed to pick up today. Fairly straightforward setup, fortunately tech savvy. Thank you for your assistance. Cheers Elliott

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Glad to hear everything is sorted now @cookster.

Have a good evening.

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Have you worked out how the plug on the original box got damaged so as to avoid it happening again?

0 Ratings