Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

BT YouView Order Enquiry (Funny)

Hi

just had a live chat with a BT person enquiring about YouView. 

One thing that does not seem to have been mentioned much is the YouView box is not wireless. However I was told the Powerline Adapters are free.

Julian: What happens to BT Vision after 26th ? Does it cease. If not I am not sure which to go for, BT Vision or Youview.

*****: We're launching our own YouView box offer on 26 October. But if you pre-register (with no obligation) at www.bt.com/youview before 19 October, you can order a YouView box with BT Vision the week before we launch. The pricing details are available on the pre-registration page.

Julian: Yeah but its 24/10/2012 now so that info is no good to me. So I have to wait till 26th before I can order YouView ?

*****: Thats right we would ask you wait if you can please Julian

I've removed the agents name so as not to embarrass them further. Smiley Happy

Anyway I got the info I wanted. I am on BT Infinity 2 so I get YouView for £49 fee and then either £4 or £12.50 a month like BT vision and the Powerline's are free.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
rebnats
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT YouView Order Enquiry (Funny)

It is possible you maybe able to order youview. Getting the equipment delivered that is an entirely different matter.
0 Ratings
Smiffy71
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

i changed from BTV to Youview and got a reduction to £10 per month. It's worth a try. 

0 Ratings
Stephen4232
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I was able to upgrade to YouView with no problems with my contract and I got for the £49 price. The whole process was easy and the BT staff member was very informative even gace me a discount onmy broadband and a 3 month discount on my Vision package, all without asking!!

The box arrived on the day the said it would, set up was easy and I have to say that so far I am very impressed with YouView.

Well done BT!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@Stephen4232 wrote:

I was able to upgrade to YouView with no problems with my contract and I got for the £49 price. The whole process was easy and the BT staff member was very informative even gace me a discount onmy broadband and a 3 month discount on my Vision package, all without asking!!

The box arrived on the day the said it would, set up was easy and I have to say that so far I am very impressed with YouView.

Well done BT!!

Pleased it worked out well for someone.

How were you able to get it for £49 if you were in contract ?

0 Ratings
Stephen4232
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Because I extended by existing contracts by 12 months.

BT were first class during the whole process, in fact they have been first class since I changed to them from Sky 3 years ago!

0 Ratings