cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hacky_sacky
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT YouView TV Box slow internet connection, BT Broadbnad connection is perfectly good

Go to solution

Hi,

Until 1 day ago, we have never had any problems with out BT YouView box. Yesterday we found that the BBC iPlayer app was failing to launch. I can run iPlayer on other smart TV devices without a problem in the house.

Trying BT sport channels which are streamed, these are barely working, indicating a slow internet connection.

However, doing a speed test, I have approx 30 meg down and 7 meg up so a good broadband connection.

The wired connection from the router to the YouView box remains untouched. The ethernet cable is in good order. It is configured with a fixed (static) IP with no clashes or conflicts.

Have there been any software patches or updates recently which may have introduced the problem?

What else can I do to fix this problem? Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
hacky_sacky
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT YouView TV Box slow internet connection, BT Broadbnad connection is perfectly good

Go to solution
I solved it by having to do a full factory reset through maintenance mode but kept the recordings.

I still don't know the reason for the fault. BT helpdesk could not throw any light on the situation but advised on how to resolve it.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT YouView TV Box slow internet connection, BT Broadbnad connection is perfectly good

Go to solution

Hi @hacky_sacky  thanks for posting back to let us know how the issue was resolved.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings