cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moiraxjohnson
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT YouView box keeps dropping internet connectiom

I am having an ongoing issues with the BT YouView box which keeps dropping the internet connection. Every 2-3 days this is happening. I follow all of the trouble shooting advice - resetting the box, resetting the router etc and eventually manage to fix it... and then a couple of days later the problem happens all over again. I’m tearing my hair out. Could it be that my BT YouView box is faulty? It’s about 8-9 years old I think.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Les-Gibson
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT YouView box keeps dropping internet connectiom

How is your box linked to your hub, cable or mini-connectors/other ?

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
Moiraxjohnson
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

It’s mini connectors. We have been throug the trouble shooting many times to ensure that are linked. We even just replaced the mini connectors... but still having the same issue. Thanks for the reply.

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I'm sorry to persist but I have zero confidence in those mini connectors and this forum is full of good reason to be suspicious of them.

If it were me, I would only be convinced that they are not the cause of the problem when they have been replaced by an ethernet cable and the fault persists

My advice , if you wish to stop tearing your hair out, is to take whatever measures you need to to get the box and the hub within reach of an ethernet cable.
It doesn't need to be a permanent fixture, just a temporary one in order to prove the fault one way or the other

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings