Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IPC001a
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

BT YouView error IPC6023

Go to solution
Hi does anyone have any ideas on why I am getting an IPC6023 error, I have Homehub5 (Infinity 1) connected via Powerline to BT YouView box, I can use BBC Iplayer and Apple TV off Powerline without problem but I cannot get BT Sports 507/508 etc to work.
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT YouView error IPC6023

Go to solution

Have a look at this thread:

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-the-Box/IPC-6023-6011/m-p/1474895#M5800

Any more questions? I am glad to answer them

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Sounds like the Powerline Adaptors are the problem. They can cause issues with the live multicast channels depending on your internal wiring, On Demand players are less affected as the stream buffers in to give you a "cushion" against any drop in speed. If you can connect your box to the hub with an ethernet cable and see if the problem continues.

0 Ratings
IPC001a
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

I think you are correct about the Powerline adapter being the problem. I downloaded the VLC player onto my laptop and the BT Sports 1 stream played, the laptop is plugged directly into the HH5. I then plugged laptop into my Powerline adapter and no show.

Ill upgrade my Powerline to a BT 500 multiport.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

It's nothing to do with powerline converters, I don't use them yet I HAD the same problem (note past tense).

It appears to be a problem with my Homehub5, I've found a workaround for it which I'll keep as simple as possible.

1. Login to your Homehub and note the primary and secondary DNS addresses. Log out of the homehhub.

2. Change the Network Settings on the youview box to Manual but don't change the IP address, IP mask or Gateway addresses.

3. Enter the primary and secondary DNS adresses noted in step 1. Confirm changes and exit Network Settings

That's all it took to get mine working properly. Good Luck

Tags (2)
IPC001a
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
Status update
Re DNS change, I made changes specified by V_Meldrew, unfortunately this did not solve my problem although the change looks correct.
I purchased a (BT) broadband extender 500 & multi port (BT TV,Apple Airport & Apple TV) and my problem is finally solved, I can get channel 507/8 on BT TV, the throughput per OOKLA went from 12 mbs to 28 mbs from IPad, 38 mbs on PC directly connected to router.
If you have an old Powerline 200 series it won't support the On Demand channels 507/508.

If you have to go through this rigmarole don't forget you have to contact BT to get BT Sports turned on BT TV !.

NB BT This should not be so difficult
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution
Hi, new to this forum and BT. Been having a nightmare with them, after almost 3 weeks of fighting with them and them constantly changing activation dates, it appeared that my sports channels were about to work. I got the IPC6023 error.

I've noted your work around, how do I log in to the HomeHub? I only have apple products, no laptop, so do I simply log on online or to I need to connnect to the Homehub via ethernet cable or such like?
0 Ratings
PLanFibre
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Excellent work V_Meldrew! Smiley Very Happy

I kept getting the IPC6023 error with my 3rd party router, switched to the cheapo HomeHub5 and still kept getting it. Read your solution, thought it was too simple to work, tried it and bingo! my channels work fine.

0 Ratings
MotBarber
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Like would it be too much trouble to say HOW to log into homehub, and where to find DNS settings?  Most of us are just simple hapless customers receiving a useless service you know.

0 Ratings
Myshelly24
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi

you have to go here

http://bthomehub.home

Enter your admin password and view your advanced settings and then click on broadband and it will give you your dns settings

i have this problem and just tried it but hasnt fixed it for me unfortunately but its worth a shot!

good luck

0 Ratings