Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike20021969
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT YouView "Deep Sleep" Mode Turns Off Panasonic TV

Hello.

We have a BT YouView box (DTR-T2110) connected via HDMI to a Panasonic TV (TX-32ES503B) as there's no scart on the Panasonic TV.

Whenever YouView goes into "Deep Sleep" mode, it turns off the Panasonic TV.

How can that behaviour be stopped?

Disabling "Deep Sleep" mode is not an option as we found the the YouView keeps freezing if it doesn't fully power down each day. "Deep Sleep" mode has cured the freezing.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT YouView "Deep Sleep" Mode Turns Off Panasonic TV Causing TV Channel Loss

It's possible there is a setting in the TV for an auto power off when an input powers down or if the TV aerial goes into the Youview box & then to the TV the TV loses it's signal & powers off, there's often a setting for that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mike20021969
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

"if the TV aerial goes into the Youview box & then to the TV the TV loses it's signal & powers off, there's often a setting for that"

My use of the word "off" was misleading.

So when the TV is on and YouView goes into "Deep Sleep", the TV picture goes off (not the TV itself).

Anyway, I found the setting in question under Picture & Sound>Antenna Out>On.

And it didn't make the slightest bit of difference. This RF signal still gets cut off.

After some searching, I came across this thread:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Does-pass-thru-work-with-DTR-2100-BT-Youview/td-p/183150...

Apparently, the Antenna Out>On option is effectively disabled when "Deep Sleep"  is active due to recent software update for YouView box.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Then the easiest solution if you want "deep sleep" mode is a passive aerial splitter costing a couple of £s

0 Ratings