Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
massig
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT YouView with linksys router rather BT HomeHub

Hi

i am on BT Infinity - and have a new Humax BT YouView Box, subscribe to Btvision unlimited.

I have replaced the BT HomeHub with my own router as I think works more effectively for wireless.

When i switch to that router with my BT VIsion old box i had to set it to assign 192.168.1.69 to make it work for ondemand content etc.

Is there also for the BT Home view a specific address that I should assign to the box to make sure it works all the time.

It seems to drop connection and the only way to make it work is to restart. I already tried to udse 192.168.1.69 but the issue continues.

I see other people have had drop of connectivity - but i wonder if not using the HomeHub is an extra source of issues.

Thanks

Massi

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
bobjob
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT YouView with linksys router rather BT HomeHub

think the problem is the youview box,not the hub,its just terrible at holding connection.i have hub 2a and have to soft reset youview box daily,i lose players,on demand and information button.its a shame because what could be a good product is becoming a pain in the but.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Not sure what the IP range is of the linksys but you need to make sure it is not withinh the range that is allocated for DHCP.

It is prob not the same as the HH.

This may help you finding the IP address's of the router HERE//

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
quails
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I use a different router (so that I can protect the whole network from **bleep** etc with OpenDNS*) I just left the Youview box using DHCP and have had no problems  with it on the BT service.

*VERY much recommended, see "family shield" here http://www.opendns.com/home-solutions/parental-controls - free but due to insanity of BT you cannot configure it on a HomeHub.

0 Ratings