cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
1,983 Views
Message 21 of 300

Re: BT YouView


@ChrisC wrote:
And I've still never seen an advert inside the BT bit of youview.

I'm not sure about the posted pictures of the Pace box but it's unlikely to be correct as it shows a card reader, which isn't in the youview spec. The good news is that any box badged as youview will be Freeview HD as that's part of the basic spec.

CA slot is not required in the YouView spec, but it does allow for an optional extension.

 

masona2
Recognised Expert
1,978 Views
Message 22 of 300

Re: BT YouView


@guilbo wrote:

@ChrisC wrote:
And I've still never seen an advert inside the BT bit of youview.

I'm not sure about the posted pictures of the Pace box but it's unlikely to be correct as it shows a card reader, which isn't in the youview spec. The good news is that any box badged as youview will be Freeview HD as that's part of the basic spec.

CA slot is not required in the YouView spec, but it does allow for an optional extension.

 


Yes, the core specs are a conditional requirement which all manufacturers must include. But they are free to add any additional features (like a CA slot) to the box if they see fit. It is also as yet unknown if the Pace BT box will have a CA slot. And TT have not yet published the specs of their box either.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
ChrisC
Aspiring Expert
1,976 Views
Message 23 of 300

Re: BT YouView

True, but given other recent discussions I don't think we'll be needing a card reader . . .
0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
1,603 Views
Message 24 of 300

Re: BT YouView

Apologies for the registration to view this link:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3c40187c-fdb8-11e1-9901-00144feabdc0.html#axzz26RtaG2f9

 

The gist of it is...BT have rejected the Pace boxes and decided to use Humax instead, for their YouView boxes. It looks like they plan to release the service in a few weeks and this last minute change will not effect that timetable. That worries me a little, because I would really expect that kind of major change TO effect the timetable. What is being sacrificed to ensure they meet their target?

 

 

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
1,591 Views
Message 25 of 300

Re: BT YouView

Here you go - no registration required -

 

BT can't keep the Pace -

 

http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sharecast/story.cgi?story_id=20362186

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
Distinguished Guru
1,587 Views
Message 26 of 300

Re: BT YouView


@masona2 wrote:

Here you go - no registration required -

 

BT can't keep the Pace -

 

http://www.sharecast.com/cgi-bin/sharecast/story.cgi?story_id=20362186


I was expecting you Mr Bond MasonSmiley Very Happy

 

 

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
1,521 Views
Message 27 of 300

Re: BT YouView

OK at last launch is getting near but what exactly are the advantages of Youview to existing BT Vision customers ?

 

Del.

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
1,465 Views
Message 28 of 300

Re: BT YouView


@drhowells wrote:

Apologies for the registration to view this link:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3c40187c-fdb8-11e1-9901-00144feabdc0.html#axzz26RtaG2f9

 

 


 

 Anyone got a working link?

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
1,446 Views
Message 29 of 300

Re: BT YouView

Looks like, because of the way FT.com run their site, it is not possible to post a workable link.

If you go to www.ft.com and search for "BT Humax", it should be the first story. You do have to register for free before you can read it though.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
quails
Contributor
1,406 Views
Message 30 of 300

Re: BT YouView

You don't need to register, go from google, search "bt humax pace youview", I own the Humax and I really doubt that the Pace (when it is ready) will match for build quality.
0 Ratings