Did you mean: 
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 121 of 300

Re: BT YouView

@masona2 wrote:

@drhowells wrote:

@avengo1235 wrote:
I believe this not to be possible until youview release the new firmware allowing IPTV which is not expected until next year. So appears we may have some unhappy customers.

No, the YouView boxes already allow IPTV. It is the recording of these streams that is an issue and there is no timescale on a correction of this, but I suspect it is a high priority.

Your right, DRH, but how did you know this?

Pretty much everything I know, I have learnt from this forum. Again, I would assume it was from you 🙂

0 Ratings
Mattyjoyce
Contributor
Message 122 of 300

Just a quick question, sorry if sounds dumb but I did look.

if i get the new youview box as not in any contract do I have to get the faster infinity, i am currently on option 3 bb and full package for vision 

dont have sky so not worried but will miss Espn altbough will sacrifice it for HD channels wowoohooo 

thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
TheWhizzz
Contributor
Message 123 of 300

got n email today offering me a youview box 1 month early ............

An exciting new way of watching TV is coming your way soon.

Get YouView from BT before everyone else
As one of our pre-registered customers, we're thrilled to offer you the exclusive chance to get YouView from BT from 19 October, a week before our official 26 October launch date.

How much is it?
As a BT Vision customer, we're offering you a YouView box for a one-off fee of only £49 (compared with £299 RRP on the high street) when you recontract your TV and
broadband subscriptions for a further 12 months. 

What do I get with YouView from BT?
With YouView from BT you'll be able to scroll back in time and catch up with shows from the last 7 days, plus pause and rewind live TV from up to 74 digital channels including 4 HD channels. What's more, you'll also have full access to our huge On Demand library including the latest blockbuster films. All in one easy-to-use box.

What's next?
We'll email you to remind you of this great offer as soon as YouView from BT becomes available to you.

Thanks for registering your interest with us.

in the small print???

Important things you should know

Delivery charge applies.

To move your BT Vision service onto a YouView box for £49, you'll need to be out of your minimum term contract and take out a new 12-month contract for BT Total Broadband or BT Infinity and BT Vision. Customers within their minimum term can purchase the YouView box for £299. 

dont look free for me iv 6 months left on my contract!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
matthewh3
Beginner
Message 124 of 300

@masona2 wrote:

@TheGuv wrote:

Here's the announcement on the first YouView service with BT Vision:

BT offers YouView box worth £299 for free

Customers who register their interest in YouView in advance (with no obligation) at www.bt.com/youview will have the opportunity to be first to place their order for YouView, during an exclusive window between October 19-26. These customers will be sent an e-mail invitation with a link to a special web site.

Launching on the 26th Oct...

Nice spot, Guv!

Will you be able to order more than one box and use the Humux WiFi dongle.  Also would you be able to pay for content outside of you BT account billing like paying with a credit card.

0 Ratings
ab79
Aspiring Expert
Message 125 of 300

I live in an infinity enabled area and am currently have option 3 bb ( 12 quid) and 12.50 vision package. If I have to get infinity to get youview box, on top of the fifty quid fee my bb will rise by 14 pounds.

The only improvement for me, as I like the service is freeview hd, but I will not pay over 200 pounds a year extra for that and the ability to look back in tv guide??????

I already have apps such as lovefilm etc on my cheap blu ray player and smart tv so this aspect of youview box is irrelivent to me.
0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 126 of 300

You don't have to have Infinity to get YouView.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 127 of 300

I got the email, which is very misleading unless you read the small print

How much is it?
As a BT Vision customer, we're offering you a YouView box for a one-off fee of only £49 (compared with £299 RRP on the high street) when you recontract your TV and broadband subscriptions for a further 12 months. 

This suggests even if you are still in the minimum term of your contract (ie: first 12 months) that you can still upgrade to the new box for £49.

But then when you look into the small print 

To move your BT Vision service onto a YouView box for £49, you'll need to be out of your minimum term contract and take out a new 12-month contract for BT Total Broadband or BT Infinity and BT Vision. Customers within their minimum term can purchase the YouView box for £299.

Even Sky let you upgrade their boxes during the minimum term for a reduced cost and not the full cost of the device.

So based on the information on this email and because my contract doesn't end until Jan 2013, I don't think I'll be upgrading to the BT Youview product...

0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Aspiring Expert
Message 128 of 300

I bet if you ring up and try and cancel because of the price increases they will let you have a reduced cost box. 

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 129 of 300

@benwiddowson wrote:

I bet if you ring up and try and cancel because of the price increases they will let you have a reduced cost box. 

Ha ha ha! Been waiting for somebody to post the above. And your not 'arf wrong. But I would suggest 'free' with the £49  activation fee, the same as for new customers.

Ways and means people, there are always ways and means.  :smileywink:

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
TheWhizzz
Contributor
Message 130 of 300

Well talk talk is at my exchange on llu and there box is free i have the right to cancel my bt contract when the price increase letter arives dont want to but if i dont get a free box for being a bt customer for 3 years im offski
0 Ratings